Using MR effectively - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Using MR effectively

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eftda » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
thehotcorner wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:You might want to consider how Todd Jones and Mike Gonzalez figure in to that equation hotcorner.

You get my drift.

Regardless, I'd take Soriano and Zumaya. Those are two of the best MRs out there. Put in Shields and those would be my top 3 MRs in the game.

What rounds to you usually have to take them in?

I take them in 19, 20 and 21. My team is usually set by then and most teams are picking up sleepers and rookies.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Using MR effectively

Postby howaboutthat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:36 pm

..hope this belongs in leftovers..
I've got quite a few relievers..but they are mostly middle men..can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of this? Obviously they are not going to get a whole lot of wins and saves, but are they generally known for good era's and whip's? Is it possible to generalize on this?
howaboutthat Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Using MR effectively

Postby SignGuy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:15 pm

howaboutthat wrote:..hope this belongs in leftovers..
I've got quite a few relievers..but they are mostly middle men..can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of this? Obviously they are not going to get a whole lot of wins and saves, but are they generally known for good era's and whip's? Is it possible to generalize on this?

If you mean middle men as guys who pitch in the 7th-8th innings then if you have the top ones they could be very valuable to a team.

I have Zumaya and Shields and if you had them both last year it added up to roughly 13 W's, 180K's, 170 IP 2.40 ERA and a 1.10 WHIP

Thats money right there. Fortunately i had deep benches to carry all of them but its like a borderline #1 starter on your team for late round picks. Like someone said before, you can use more earlier picks on bats instead of worrying about picking up that solid #3 sp right away
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers