Using MR effectively - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Using MR effectively

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Using MR effectively

Postby howaboutthat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:36 pm

..hope this belongs in leftovers..
I've got quite a few relievers..but they are mostly middle men..can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of this? Obviously they are not going to get a whole lot of wins and saves, but are they generally known for good era's and whip's? Is it possible to generalize on this?
howaboutthat Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Using MR effectively

Postby SignGuy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:15 pm

howaboutthat wrote:..hope this belongs in leftovers..
I've got quite a few relievers..but they are mostly middle men..can anyone explain the advantages/disadvantages of this? Obviously they are not going to get a whole lot of wins and saves, but are they generally known for good era's and whip's? Is it possible to generalize on this?

If you mean middle men as guys who pitch in the 7th-8th innings then if you have the top ones they could be very valuable to a team.

I have Zumaya and Shields and if you had them both last year it added up to roughly 13 W's, 180K's, 170 IP 2.40 ERA and a 1.10 WHIP

Thats money right there. Fortunately i had deep benches to carry all of them but its like a borderline #1 starter on your team for late round picks. Like someone said before, you can use more earlier picks on bats instead of worrying about picking up that solid #3 sp right away
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers