10 team H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 team H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Thanks folks. Would Dunn and Chavez be enough for an A-Rod?

The A-Rod owner wants Gordon, but I don't think he'd take Dunn and Gordon. He might for Atkins..... But is that too much?
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tianyi86 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:05 pm

I like how cheaply you got holliday and sizemore, but that maybe bc your league dont count runs, rbi, or avg.

This league setting is really strange, but elite mid relievers like zumaya and shields are good players to target.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:11 pm

I'm not the commish this year, but I established this league with these settings to have a sabermetric approach to fantasy baseball.

It's very different: SP is undervalued, PO's make having multiple 1B a must (Aurillia even has value in my league: POs from 2b?), and closers are only drafted b/c they tend to be good relievers. No McClungs here.

I do recommend this format; it's fun to try something different. I just wished it's roto this year. The 20 IP is too easy to reach. I feel I have too much SP, and I drafted 1 in the first 10 rounds.
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tianyi86 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Hehe, is aurilla not good this year? I actually drafted him in my 14 cat league, with added ops and tb bc the league is h2h and he has multiple eligibility with good avg/ops.

Anyway, I would definitely trade out a couple sps that gets alot of wins, like schilling, because his perceived value is higher than his actual value in this league.
tianyi86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:07 pm

tianyi86, you read my mind like a book.

In the two previous years of this league, I drafted a guy exactly like Schilling.......in the 13th. Two years ago, I traded Maddux and Bagwell for Teixiera, and last year, I traded Mulder for K-Rod.

This year, I'm going to see about maybe keeping Schilling for a bit (that bb/k is elite), but you are of course right. Schilling plus Dunn has already been offered for each of the top 3 RFs (sadly rejected).
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby 06MetsAllTheWay » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:23 pm

Thanks for doing mine.

Like some of the posters above your offense is fairly solid but if you could get a stud pitcher than your team will be a good one and tough to beat if everyone stays healthy
06MetsAllTheWay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ryoungblood80 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:03 pm

THX for the look at my team.

You sure did get some high value picks in this draft as previously stated. Reyes and Sizemore. I personally like the Zumaya pick. I tried getting him on both of my teams, but the guy picking just before me drafted him. I hate it when that happens. Oh well. Good team though. I like the scoring format you're playing with. It's different and gives you a different aspect of picking players compared to getting the guy with the most long balls or wins in a season.

Good Luck
ryoungblood80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mgblues » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:32 pm

First, thanks for your comments on my post. I've obviously been thinking the same & thus the post. Problem is pulling the trigger.

On yours, I love your squad, especially in the offensive categories. In terms of pitching, there are a couple names that jumped out at me from the wire; Garza & Maine. They both are sleepers who could produce for you in mulitple pitching categories. I don't have any experience in this kind of league but have heard nothing but good things about Garza & Maine this year. I have both on my roster.

I would also look to see if someone like Salomon Torres or Octavio Dotel are out there as they may assist in categories rather than wins...

Good luck!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team