Just drafted...whaddya think? WHIR WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted...whaddya think? WHIR WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just drafted...whaddya think? WHIR WHIR

Postby Cobra_Kai » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Just drafted...this league uses stat cats that I normally don't use, so it was a little odd for me.

12 teams.

The categories are: R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, SLG, OBP, AVG for hitters, and W, CG, SV, Hits, BB, K, ERA, WHIP for pitchers.

C: Johnny Estrada
1B: Todd Helton
2B: Tadahito Iguchi
SS: Felipe Lopez
3B: Miguel Cabrera
OF: Manny Ramirez
OF: Johnny Damon
OF: Scott Podsednik
Util: Richie Sexson
BN: Eric Chavez
BN: Curtis Granderson

SP: Roy Oswalt
SP: Ben Sheets
RP: Joe Nathan
RP: BJ Ryan
P: Curt Schilling
P: Ervin Santana
P: Scot Shields
BN: John Patterson
BN: Mark Buehrle
BN: Tim Lincecum

I don't know Lincecum's story...I took him with my last pick, so no real harm done. I also drafted Chavez even when I didn't need him simply because it was like the 14th round and he was still sitting there..I didn't have any pressing needs, best man available, etc.

Opinions? Thoughts? WHIR.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:15 pm

I think you have a strong team. I think Pods is a weak link, though. You might consider punting steals as you're light there, and Pods isn't going to help you out across the board. If this is roto, I hold onto him for a while to try to build up some points (I hate punting in roto), but if it's H2H, I pull the trigger and punt away.

I hate to say it, but Buerhle should go for a reliever with closer potential and great peripherals. Some one like Neshek only with a shot at the job. Zumaya's everyone's darling, but these sorts of guys are cheap: there's too many of 'em even in deep 12 teamers. Broxton?

I play in a H2H league with similar scoring. I only take well rounded guys for steals; I refuse to play any one dimensional stealers unless they're on pace for 180+ hits (Chone two years ago, Pierre last year). More categories = more danger chasing steals.

Hope this helps. Please check out mine, too:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=260441
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 36)

Postby Cobra_Kai » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Yeah, only reason I grabbed Pods is because it was like the 18th round and he was still sitting there. I knew I was light in steals (although with Lopez, Damon, and Pods I'll be at least competitive), so I might work on that. Thanks.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

bump

Postby Cobra_Kai » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:14 am

bump
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:20 am

I agree buerhle shouldn't be on a roster, and I think that you should use chavez/sexson to trade for a better 3rd OF than pods.

Overall solid team though.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team