Money League Keeper Team - what holes need filling? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Money League Keeper Team - what holes need filling? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:48 pm

Xezus wrote:I cant even believe sizemore went in th 5th, thats just insane!!!!

Yeah, I drafted him in the 5th last year. ;-D
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Johnny Tuttle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Maybe hold off to see if he has a hot streak. I think most people are figuring out the little difference b/n catchers theory, but when their starters get hurt or he has a nice run, someone will bite. He and Valverde for a slightly better closer has a nice feel to it. I wonder if Street's good enough.
Johnny Tuttle
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 36)

Postby kaiser » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:17 pm

This is a strong team. The only weakness I see, besides the aforementioned SP and RP, is that Fielder, Weeks, and Hall are all risk-reward picks, to varying degrees. If two of these three play as well as many people think they will, you are golden. If all three live up to potential, you have no problems at all. But those are big ifs...

Not so huge that you really need to worry, tho. I like the suggestion to move a coupl of them in exchange for pitching. Barfield and Gordon are good insurance, and the rest of your O is so solid, you probably can afford it.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Postby PerfectTen66 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:08 pm

I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with your lack of saves. You have 2 average to solid ones in Cordero and Valverde. And some have suggested searching the WW for FA closers. Well, you may already have the new closers on your roster. Both Zumaya and Broxton could be closing by Memorial Day or at least the ASB. (Sorry for all the initials.)

I can't deny it. Your team should contend for a title.

Please help me!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=260887
PerfectTen66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:07 pm

kaiser wrote:This is a strong team. The only weakness I see, besides the aforementioned SP and RP, is that Fielder, Weeks, and Hall are all risk-reward picks, to varying degrees. If two of these three play as well as many people think they will, you are golden. If all three live up to potential, you have no problems at all. But those are big ifs...

Not so huge that you really need to worry, tho. I like the suggestion to move a coupl of them in exchange for pitching. Barfield and Gordon are good insurance, and the rest of your O is so solid, you probably can afford it.

I also hate that they're all Brewers... 3 Brewers in my starting lineup :-o

I've got high hopes for Prince, and one of either him or Cuddyer should produce at least well enough to give me decent production at 1B. With Sizemore, Hafner, and Beltran I've got everything (except speed, depending on the week's opponent) covered.

As for Weeks and Hall - (1) they were best available when I drafted them, and (2) like you said, if one of them can live up to preseason expectation, I'll be good! I'm worried about Weeks coming off of injury, but he's been good in the latter part of ST.
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:08 pm

PerfectTen66 wrote:I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with your lack of saves. You have 2 average to solid ones in Cordero and Valverde. And some have suggested searching the WW for FA closers. Well, you may already have the new closers on your roster. Both Zumaya and Broxton could be closing by Memorial Day or at least the ASB. (Sorry for all the initials.)

I can't deny it. Your team should contend for a title.

Please help me!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=260887

I'm happy with Cordero, but I had Valverde last year, and there were certain weeks when he just KILLED me. I'm looking to deal for Saito right now...
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Geek » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Only weakness is a lack of a #1 RP. Your starting pitching is rock solid.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sid Bream's Slide » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:47 pm

Geek wrote:Only weakness is a lack of a #1 RP. Your starting pitching is rock solid.

Thanks, Geek.

I'm still looking for a #1 RP.
Sid Bream's Slide
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team