Vista Ultimate Edition Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Vista Ultimate Edition Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:Is it MSDN (Microsoft Developer's Network)? If so, then no problem. If not, then does it have an Enterprise license? If not you'll need to buy it. If you don't have that either, then best not to install it. ;-)

wow who's typing for Madison?

Yeah, I sounded kinda geeky huh? :-P

Yea that was weird...Do you work for microsoft?

HA! :-b

If I did, Vista would have been a whole lot better when it came out.

So that would be a definite "NO!".

Plus, where would I get that kind of time 8-o ? 10+ hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year keeping the Cafe going. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:34 pm

If you want to make sure it will operate on your computer properly there is nothing wrong with installing it and checking it out. Just don't activate it (leave that for your Mom's) and you have 30? days before activations is required.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:36 pm

Amazinz wrote:If you want to make sure it will operate on your computer properly there is nothing wrong with installing it and checking it out. Just don't activate it (leave that for your Mom's) and you have 30? days before activations is required.

Yep, 30 days. If you click "activate" and you don't have the license for multiple installs, that would be bad, so don't click that bubble when it comes up unless it's a MSDN copy or you have an Enterprise license key.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:46 pm

wow you guys are vista tastic!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Madison wrote:
Amazinz wrote:If you want to make sure it will operate on your computer properly there is nothing wrong with installing it and checking it out. Just don't activate it (leave that for your Mom's) and you have 30? days before activations is required.

Yep, 30 days. If you click "activate" and you don't have the license for multiple installs, that would be bad, so don't click that bubble when it comes up unless it's a MSDN copy or you have an Enterprise license key.

How do I know if its a MSDN or Enterprise copy? It came in a normal looking box like you see at the retail stores. The Office came in a small plastic sleeve.

Could I register it on my mom's computer then say in a week or so say I had to reformat my computer and call Microsoft and ask them for a new key. I know this worked with XP.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Madison wrote:

How do I know if its a MSDN or Enterprise copy? It came in a normal looking box like you see at the retail stores. The Office came in a small plastic sleeve.

Could I register it on my mom's computer then say in a week or so say I had to reformat my computer and call Microsoft and ask them for a new key. I know this worked with XP.

Your mom should know. They'd have said something if it was a developer's copy or if she could put it on multiple machines.

You could try what you're suggesting, but I wouldn't do it. Microsoft is trying to cut down on that sort of thing, so it's very possible they cancel the old key when you ask for a new one, which would obviously be bad if your mom's copy quit updating or whatever.

Rumor has it that you can find MSDN keys online sometimes if you search in the right places........not that I'd suggest doing something like that of course...... O:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Madison wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
Madison wrote:

Your mom should know. They'd have said something if it was a developer's copy or if she could put it on multiple machines.

You could try what you're suggesting, but I wouldn't do it. Microsoft is trying to cut down on that sort of thing, so it's very possible they cancel the old key when you ask for a new one, which would obviously be bad if your mom's copy quit updating or whatever.

Rumor has it that you can find MSDN keys online sometimes if you search in the right places........not that I'd suggest doing something like that of course...... O:-)

This is insane...Madison is letting his true computer knowledge out of the vault.

Could it be that madison is really a series of tubes?!!?!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk