100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mythbusters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:38 pm

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:I did not know that Grant was the creator of Deathblow, the Battlebots winner. If you look at their webpage, Jaime is listed as a team member.

I love this show. My wife and I watch one just about every night, although we're getting caught up on all of the back episodes we missed. I can't say I have a favorite, but the Concrete Truck explosion was pretty cool.

It shows Adam as a team member as well ;-D

Those guys rule

If you read Jaime's bio on the site I think it shows that he must be an out-and-out genius. I also think he's very much the brains of Mythbusters, while Adam, while smart, is mostly there for comic relief.

Jaime isn't exactly "gold" on camera, so they really make a good team.

I think Adam is extremely smart himself but yea Jamie is a genius

which one has the moustache, he is smarter
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:23 pm

I like this show too. Don't get to watch it very often, but when I do, it's usually entertaining.

The shooting someone underwater was good, so was the one about chopping through a machine gun with a sword, and the "around the world" on a swing. Those were the first episodes to pop into my head, but I admit I haven't seen very many episodes of it.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:25 pm

Madison wrote:I like this show too. Don't get to watch it very often, but when I do, it's usually entertaining.

The shooting someone underwater was good, so was the one about chopping through a machine gun with a sword, and the "around the world" on a swing. Those were the first episodes to pop into my head, but I admit I haven't seen very many episodes of it.

Around the world with the swing is awesome! Especially when the start attaching rockets to the swing.

Jamie has a mustache btw
Adam is the redhead
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Kari Byron = my dream girl. O:-) ;-D B-)

MythBusters rules. Everything they do on there is awesome...especially when stuff blows up. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Discovery has some great shows...Man vs. Wild and Dirty Jobs are both really fun to watch along with MythBusters.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:29 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Kari Byron = my dream girl. O:-) ;-D B-)

MythBusters rules. Everything they do on there is awesome...especially when stuff blows up. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Discovery has some great shows...Man vs. Wild and Dirty Jobs are both really fun to watch along with MythBusters.

I can't wait for Discovery's big shows to be in HD.

Right now Discovery HD theater is cool but its all like "Lions of the Sahara" 24 hours a day.

I want some mythbusters in HD!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ThatDude » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:32 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Kari Byron = my dream girl. O:-) ;-D B-)

Survivorman dumps all over Man Vs. Wild.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mugrila » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Mythbusters is great, as is Dirty Jobs, but Survivorman is easily my favorite. Discovery channel is good stuff.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:36 pm

I really like mythbusters as well, but I don't tivo it, and I don't even know when it comes on, so I just catch it once in a while when I happen across it. I really should be tivoing it.

I used to watch Dirty Jobs, but I got tired of it. I do like Michael Rowe though. He's a good host.

And Man vs. Wild was great when I first saw it. I watched it religiously. Then I got tired of it because most episodes are pretty much the same. Also, for entertainment value it's probably tops, but Survivorman is better in terms of actual survival tips.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:46 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I really like mythbusters as well, but I don't tivo it, and I don't even know when it comes on, so I just catch it once in a while when I happen across it. I really should be tivoing it.

I used to watch Dirty Jobs, but I got tired of it. I do like Michael Rowe though. He's a good host.

And Man vs. Wild was great when I first saw it. I watched it religiously. Then I got tired of it because most episodes are pretty much the same. Also, for entertainment value it's probably tops, but Survivorman is better in terms of actual survival tips.

new mythbusters are on wednesday nights now

Tonights a reopening of some old ones or something
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:26 pm

I watch this show on my lunch at work sometimes, always been interesting, I might start recording it, some of the premises that have been mentioned seem pretty good.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk