Mythbusters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mythbusters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mythbusters

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:22 pm

Man I love this show. Probably one of the best shows on TV.

Last weeks "teach an old dog new tricks" was pretty sweet as well.

Some of my favorite episodes.

Blowing up the Cement Truck

Racing over the corrugated concrete to see how much water spilled out of the pyramid of glasses.

Shooting guns into water to see how far beneath you need to be to be safe.

Oh man there are so many.

Poor buster

Anyways i found these interesting too. The bios from the website:

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythb ... /meet.html

They seem to all have worked on starwars :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:30 pm

My favorite was "can you die by peeing on the third rail". They finally got the peeing dummy to explode with like a 3/4in thick stream of h2o.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:32 pm

I also love Mythbusters and lots of other shows on Discover/TLC/Travel/History...

My favorites, including Mythbusters are...

Dirty Jobs, this show is awesome and the guy is this complete smartass. Last night he was replacing railroad ties and cleaning the dead flesh off of animal skulls.

How It's Made, just a simple show about show stuff is made... self explanatory, but what makes it interesting is that they don't interview the people who make them... it's just, yep, this is how it's made.

Cash Cab, which hasn't been on much lately but I think I've sung its praises here before.

Anthony Bourdain has a show on Travel; he goes around eating at exotic places. He once went to Japan to eat that poisonous blowfish, and then got all pissed off that he didn't get rushed to the hospital after eating it.

There's also this new show with this fat guy who goes around eating weird crap from exotic places; he ate these giant coconut tree worms in the Philippines and, well, it's pretty awesome to see what unusual crap they eat in other places...oh, and boiled duck embryos. Mmmm.

Modern Marvels on History is one of my favorite shows ever, but I think they're starting to run out of ideas.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Mythbusters is awesome. The Canadians sling-shotting themselves across the border is my favorite. The myth is actually Mexicans but they changed it to Canadians because Mexicans are a hot topic and that made it all the more hilarious. Adam and Jamie rock. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 pm

I did not know that Grant was the creator of Deathblow, the Battlebots winner. If you look at their webpage, Jaime is listed as a team member.

I love this show. My wife and I watch one just about every night, although we're getting caught up on all of the back episodes we missed. I can't say I have a favorite, but the Concrete Truck explosion was pretty cool.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 pm

Amazinz wrote:Mythbusters is awesome. The Canadians sling-shotting themselves across the border is my favorite. The myth is actually Mexicans but they changed it to Canadians because Mexicans are a hot topic and that made it all the more hilarious. Adam and Jamie rock. ;-D

Man I've never seen that one!! That sounds awesome!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:45 pm

Coppermine wrote:How It's Made, just a simple show about show stuff is made... self explanatory, but what makes it interesting is that they don't interview the people who make them... it's just, yep, this is how it's made.

Yeah, this is really a good show. We've begun recording these, too.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:47 pm

knapplc wrote:I did not know that Grant was the creator of Deathblow, the Battlebots winner. If you look at their webpage, Jaime is listed as a team member.

I love this show. My wife and I watch one just about every night, although we're getting caught up on all of the back episodes we missed. I can't say I have a favorite, but the Concrete Truck explosion was pretty cool.

It shows Adam as a team member as well ;-D

Those guys rule
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:56 pm

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:I did not know that Grant was the creator of Deathblow, the Battlebots winner. If you look at their webpage, Jaime is listed as a team member.

Those guys rule

If you read Jaime's bio on the site I think it shows that he must be an out-and-out genius. I also think he's very much the brains of Mythbusters, while Adam, while smart, is mostly there for comic relief.

Jaime isn't exactly "gold" on camera, so they really make a good team.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 pm

knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Those guys rule

If you read Jaime's bio on the site I think it shows that he must be an out-and-out genius. I also think he's very much the brains of Mythbusters, while Adam, while smart, is mostly there for comic relief.

Jaime isn't exactly "gold" on camera, so they really make a good team.

I think Adam is extremely smart himself but yea Jamie is a genius
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk