Fantasy Auctioneer - Anyone use it - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Auctioneer - Anyone use it

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Auctioneer - Anyone use it

Postby jrad32 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:58 pm

We have a league that is set to draft on fantasy auctioneer this weekend. Couple of questions

1. Is there a way to adjust player eligibility as a commissioner? We play our league on yahoo and some of the eligibilities don't match up with the auctioneer site. For example Ryan Freel only qualifies at OF in the auctioneer site, but qualifies at 2B as well in Yahoo.

2. Does Fantasy autioneer make you draft to position? Or does it allow you to, in our case, just draft 26 players?
Let's go Mets!
jrad32
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Schwetty Balls » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:37 pm

I used it for a test auction or 2 and it works great.

It will let you do whatever it is set up to do. I did one auction that was set up with no Bench spots. So once i had a 3B and my Utl was full. I could not buy another 3B player.

If you have it set up with Bench spots it will let you buy whoever you want. You can select the parameters of your auction.

As far as the positions, I do not think you can change those. It would be everybody's responsibility to make sure what positions the players were available at in Yahoo.

It really helped me a lot with my first live auction this year.
Schwetty Balls
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jrad32 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks.
Let's go Mets!
jrad32
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wake » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:37 pm

We used it in one of our auctions and we had our keepers put in before it started. It put Howie Kendrick on my bench instead of my 2nd base spot and then required me to buy another 2nd baseman to fill that hole.

We also had some glitches in that the draft wouldn't start and we had to email the owner of fantasy auctioneer to get it started. It would also randomly sell a few players without giving players a chance to bid.

I will say that the customer service is great but I wouldn't recommend it until they fix some of the bugs.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers