Matthew Berry is an idiot.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matthew Berry is an idiot..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matthew Berry is an idiot..

Postby elltrain22 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:31 am

He is that dude that came on ESPN last night and said people are draftin Ryan Howard too early. He is the same guy that had his own fantasy football show on ESPN this year, and b/c of him, I drafted Chris Chambers real early, and he sucked this year. He is a smug, cocky, idiot, and I am 100% positive all of us here could run circles around him at his job. Ya feel me!!!
elltrain22
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spamnon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:42 am

Agreed...him being on TV really has annoyed me. I used to read his website, but since he aired on ESPN I have realized his information is useless. I think I saw some website who compared and analyzed his rankings (for basketball) against other sites and his picks were by far the worst overall.

He is definitely too cocky for me, too bad ESPN partnered with him.
I love fantasy baseball but I love fantasy life more... http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chris8 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:42 am

Well, I didn't see the programme in question, but if he said that taking Howard anywhere in the first 5 or 6 picks is too early, then I've got to agree with him!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Re: Matthew Berry is an idiot..

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:50 am

elltrain22 wrote:He is that dude that came on ESPN last night and said people are draftin Ryan Howard too early. !!!

I agreed with him on what he said about Howard last night. :-°
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:53 am

You guys are surprised that somebody who goes by the handle, The Talented Mr Roto, is smug and cocky .. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby chris8 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:59 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
elltrain22 wrote:He is that dude that came on ESPN last night and said people are draftin Ryan Howard too early. !!!

So what exactly did he say about Howard? :-?
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:12 am

he keeps saying igawa will have diceK like numbers. i dunno about that.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:23 am

elltrain22 wrote:He is that dude that came on ESPN last night and said people are draftin Ryan Howard too early. He is the same guy that had his own fantasy football show on ESPN this year, and b/c of him, I drafted Chris Chambers real early, and he sucked this year. He is a smug, cocky, idiot, and I am 100% positive all of us here could run circles around him at his job. Ya feel me!!!

He's right about Howard going too soon, especially in Roto where I wouldn't draft him in the top 9. He was off base about Dunn being a bad value in the 7th-8th round though, people talk like Dunn's AVG hurts you more than say Pierres 30 RBI... truth is it doesn't. Its just as easy to overcome a low AVG as to overcome any other stat deficiency.

So what exactly did he say about Howard?

He said that he's been seeing him go 2nd, 3rd, 4th a lot and that with Burrell and Helms batting behind him they'll just stop pitching to him.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:18 am

chris8 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

So what exactly did he say about Howard? :-?

Basically that Howard has been going top 4 in most drafts, but with the lack of protection behind Howard right now in Philly that is quite a bit too high. If Burrell does not produce, then Howard will be getting lots of free passes and hurt his power numbers.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:27 am

He may be an idiot, but not for saying that Howard is going too early. I completely agree w/ him about that.

He can be annoying, grating and just way wrong sometimes, but who of us out there isn't? I've never had a problem w/ any of his past blogs on MLB.com or his current stuff on ESPN.com. In fact, I find most of it entertaining. If you follow his advice word for word, yeah, you're probably going to get screwed. But if you take it, add what you know to the equation, then his info isn't so bad.

Geesh, give the guy a break.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers