help a canuck out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

help a canuck out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

help a canuck out

Postby howaboutthat » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:09 am

OK lads,
I'm a Canadian, hockey is my game. Things I know about baseball are that a fat guy named Babe Ruth was good at it, another black guy named Jackie Robinson changed the world, and the Blue Jays won the 92 and 93 world series. That said, I think it is a brilliant game (an American-born professor I know prefers to define it as a game rather thana sport), and intend to get pass any boredom this season and enjoy myself and get into the numbers, especially since I am in a fantasy league, and also because the Jays look good. So, can you guys take a look at my team, make some criticism (it's ok if you say "what were you thinking?) and offer up some playing/trading strategies.
Hitters:
C Ronny Paulino (read he was a sleeper)
1B Nomar Garciaparra (you know, the "Noomaarr" thing from SNL?)
2B Rickie Weeks
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Miguel Tejada
SS J.J. Hardy (my fantasy baseball mag called him the "super sleeper", and I think I jumped on him too early..any chance for serious numbers? Second shortstop used as a utility player in my league)
DH Frank Thomas ( a veteran, big numbers in the past, he was my "homer" pick)
LF Barry Bonds (anything left in him?)
CF Johnny Damon
RF Delmon Young

I also have Matsui and Emil Brown in the outfield.

I won't go in to pitchers right now, my top pick was Ben Sheets and I have Eric Gagne as a closer. I wanted to get Matt Cain, but chose John Lackey instead. What do you make of this decision?
I imagine that the major criticism might be, that as a beginner, I chose some veteran names that I recall from the headlines.."Bonds, Garciaparra, Thomas, Damon, Gagne..
thanks to anyone who takes the time to comment..
Wayne
howaboutthat Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team