P Bartolo Colon
P Tim Hudson
Go Yankees!!
bigpat7676
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cubbieball10 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Without knowing the number of teams in your league or scoring system, its hard to say, but my guess is that you took Soriano in the 1st round, and then Webb, Ramirez, and K-Rod in the next 3, although not necessarily in that order. A lot of your bench spots are OF, but it looks like on a whole your teams Avg will suffer (Dye is the only person I remember off my head who hit over .300 last season). You're fine on speed (Taveras, Ramirez, Soriano) although Taveras shouldn't necessarily start.

You only have one closer (although he's a stud) but beyond Webb and K-Rod, you're pitching staff is a collection of players who need to rebound big this year for you to compete (Zito, Colon, and Hudson). Willis needs to have a better season than last and Wang should regress, and beyond wins last season he wasn't impressive.

So its hard to say without knowing how deep your league is: if there's 14+ teams in the league, you're okay, if not, look out.

Also, I'd say get more value out of the first few rounds. I'd be curious for the round you drafted Uggla in; my guess is that you can get 2b later in the draft with equal if not greater potential/upside/ability (Barfield, Kendrick, Kinsler).

It's a mock draft though--they're meant to be informative. Good luck drafting. Let me know if you need more.
cubbieball10
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team