Miguel Batista .... Gone. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Batista .... Gone.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby swingaway » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:35 am

i hope he would go the astros beacuse i think its right in there budget range and would be a perfect 2nd or 3d sp at houston imo and also plesase garry h. deal hildago to the ms for r. sorniao or one of those good young pitchers.
2004 pitching lineup r.oswalt, w. miller, miguel b., carlos h., and k. sarloos or t. redding
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1638
Joined: 6 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the cafe

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:50 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote: If the Arod trade happens, ... ... :-)


looks like somebody might be accepting the inevitable ... :-o


I've been saying from the beginning that the Sox would have to pick up part of Manny's contract for the deal to have a chance. Little did I know that for some strange reason, they look like they are going to do it. Just doesn't seem like a smart move for the Sox. Then again, I don't own a MLB team, so what do I know? O:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:53 am

Madison wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote: If the Arod trade happens, ... ... :-)


looks like somebody might be accepting the inevitable ... :-o


I've been saying from the beginning that the Sox would have to pick up part of Manny's contract for the deal to have a chance. Little did I know that for some strange reason, they look like they are going to do it. Just doesn't seem like a smart move for the Sox. Then again, I don't own a MLB team, so what do I know? O:-)


well it sucks to see him leave. Personally I hope Boras advises him against dropping those final three years ....
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:12 am

I think you might have found a pitcher Madison..... :-)

but I agree with wrveres....Park, Miggy, Tomko.... :-o
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:34 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:I think you might have found a pitcher Madison..... :-)

but I agree with wrveres....Park, Miggy, Tomko.... :-o


Might not be that way if the trade happens. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:43 am

Madison wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:I think you might have found a pitcher Madison..... :-)

but I agree with wrveres....Park, Miggy, Tomko.... :-o


Might not be that way if the trade happens. :-D


OMG now Arod leaving gets one of these . . .. :-D OMG
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:47 am

wrveres wrote:
Madison wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:I think you might have found a pitcher Madison..... :-)

but I agree with wrveres....Park, Miggy, Tomko.... :-o


Might not be that way if the trade happens. :-D


OMG now Arod leaving gets one of these . . .. :-D OMG


I want the Rangers to win. If that means taking advantage of Boston to do it, then so be it. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby bell » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:56 pm

The Diamondbacks have expressed interest in free-agent left-handers Darren Oliver of Colorado and Shawn Estes of the Chicago Cubs.

And then later...
"These are certainly two pitchers who fit the profile of the guy we're keeping an eye on," Garagiola said.

This is who we're replacing Batista with!?! Noooooooo! :-P
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1694
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stumbling along the AZ/WI border

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:01 pm

bell wrote:
The Diamondbacks have expressed interest in free-agent left-handers Darren Oliver of Colorado and Shawn Estes of the Chicago Cubs.

And then later...
"These are certainly two pitchers who fit the profile of the guy we're keeping an eye on," Garagiola said.

This is who we're replacing Batista with!?! Noooooooo! :-P


8-o Quite a difference in the two.

Come on home to Texas Miggy. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:03 pm

bell wrote:
The Diamondbacks have expressed interest in free-agent left-handers Darren Oliver of Colorado and Shawn Estes of the Chicago Cubs.

And then later...
"These are certainly two pitchers who fit the profile of the guy we're keeping an eye on," Garagiola said.

This is who we're replacing Batista with!?! Noooooooo! :-P


Yes....Yes....Yes .... Yes ...


every day is better news ... ;-D

Bring Estes to the West ....
Arizona is a perfect fit for him, They'll forget about Miggy and Curt real quick with this work horse ... ;-7



Yes ... Yes ... Yes ... Yes
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact