100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad is Gone ... ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:55 pm

trevisc wrote:slammed. Just when I think I get a break. Boom! more work
also, i'm working on some draft software for this coming season

:)

Sure you were. You were probably waiting in line for LOTR tickets, LOL. Don't worry, I'm patiently waiting too.

But seriously, what kind of draft software? I was thinking about making some form of Auction software but I don't have clue how to do that. And in my mind it was on the internet so people could have a fantasy auction that is organized and nobody has to keep track of salary caps, etc. Kinda like Yahoo's draft program, but for auctions. My prediction: somebody from Yahoo reads this post and after Yahoo turns to a pay site (I hope not next year :-o ) they include auction leagues among other improvements. This reminds me of Clavin Klein stealing Kramer's idea for a perfume that smells like the ocean................LOL

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:56 pm

ah...I guess I didn't read that far down. I was just commenting on him at Camden. Man..if the marlins get him..I will be crying because that means the Braves will have to keep facing him!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:59 pm

our keeper league is going to use the Cafe to conduct its draft so I'm going to build some software that allows the managers to configure their keepers and keep a tab of who has been drafted and who is left so it doesn't get too confusing. It also lets you sort on stats, etc so you can decide on who you want as you go. Last year I made some mock draft software that just let you load mock draft results and then averaged them and let you know where players were getting drafted.

I might combine the two programs into one depending on time constraints.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LBJackal » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:18 pm

Sounds good......it also sounds like what I do with excel. With the sortable stats, etc, and rankings compiled by league scoring systems. And colour coded based on who's been taken and who I want to take. I used Eugene Styles' method for ranking players by BA (taking AB's into account) and applied it to OBA, ERA, and WHIP. It's cool having a master ranking system, and it'd probably be even more accurate if the projected stats were manipulated. Maybe I'll do that with the ZiPS stats - I've got a lot of free time since I do't go back to school until January. ;-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

t

Postby The Cow » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:35 pm

Can you imagine what VLAD's stats would be like playing a full year in Fenway???? Monster year. I still think VLAD will land in Boston. The deal will one up the Yankees or at least make them even, nah better. Who would you rather have Millar or VLAD?????? If Boston is serious about winning this year, they should spend the money and bring VLAD to town as well as AROD. Then if they could sweet talk Nomar into moving to 2B the series is a done deal, but Nomar will be gone. But if they could have VLAD, AROD and Nomar on the same team the curse will be broken. They need to do something drastric to break the curse. Why not have a huge payroll for a year and then make some deals next year after winning the series???????

Think about it, why is a talent like VLAD still on the market????? His back? NO! My thinking is that old Theo and VLAD have a verbal deal in place, pending the trade of Manny. If Manny is traded then hello Beantown if not then VLAD can go to the O's or fish or wherever he wants except for the EL Cheapo teams.

COW OUT
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:42 pm

Vlad or Arod at Fenway would just be astronomical!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers