Vlad is Gone ... ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad is Gone ... ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Justise » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:06 am

It does make some sense in the fact that your in the same division as the yankee's and redsox. A playoff spot seems pretty remote, so trying to attract fans with high named starters is possibly thier best choice. (And maybe they would get lucky enough to have some of thier pitchers mature and actually become a force).
Justise
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 289
Joined: 21 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Vlad

Postby Gammons_Replacement » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:20 am

The O's wouldn't be remarkably better with him. They desperately need pitching, not offense -- in which they at least have some potential bats in Mora, Gibbons, Matos, Hairston.

The only pitching potential they have is Ainsworth, who's coming off an injury-ridden season.
Gammons_Replacement


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:41 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:Too bad for the expos though.....Blame it on Canada..... :-)


I blame it on Bud. How long do we have to wait until MLB sells this team and stops this insanity? They have been dragging their feet on this for too long. It is a blatent conflict of interest that MLB owns the team and runs it with money from the other 29 teams.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 291)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby mikcou » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:03 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:Too bad for the expos though.....Blame it on Canada..... :-)


I blame it on Bud. How long do we have to wait until MLB sells this team and stops this insanity? They have been dragging their feet on this for too long. It is a blatent conflict of interest that MLB owns the team and runs it with money from the other 29 teams.


thats true. However its going to be a while before they find someone that is going to buy the team.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby ukjohn. » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:14 pm

this is ukjohn...like I've said all along...he will NOT be going to SF
ukjohn.


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby LCBOY » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:30 pm

Ok, one more time. The Expos didn't lose Randy Johnson. They traded him on May, 25 1989 not because of money but because they were in a pennant race. Johnson was part of a package that brought Mark Langston to Montreal. The Expos took on a lot more salary. In 1989 Randy made $70,000 and Langston made $1,350,000.
Last edited by LCBOY on Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2838
Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On third base trying to steal home.

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:17 pm

LCBOY wrote:Ok, one more time. The Expos didn't lose Randy Johnson. They traded him on May, 25 1989 not because of money but because they were in a pennant race. Johnson was part of a package that brought Mark Langston to Montreal. The Expos took on a lot more salary. I 1989 Randy made $70,000 and Lagnston made $1,350,000.


;-D thanks for correcting us......One more time ... ;-D It's easy to forget something like that...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LCBOY » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:23 pm

wrveres wrote:
LCBOY wrote:Ok, one more time. The Expos didn't lose Randy Johnson. They traded him on May, 25 1989 not because of money but because they were in a pennant race. Johnson was part of a package that brought Mark Langston to Montreal. The Expos took on a lot more salary. I 1989 Randy made $70,000 and Lagnston made $1,350,000.


;-D thanks for correcting us......One more time ... ;-D It's easy to forget something like that...


Thanks! ;-D I'm a stickler for truth and accuracy. :-D
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2838
Joined: 10 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On third base trying to steal home.

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:47 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:Vlad in Camden....his stats would go thru the roof..... :-)


Not really. In the last 8 years, Camden hasn't hit 100 (neutral) in park factors. Basically a neutral park, with a slight edge towards pitching. Indexes have been between 92-99.


:-? ....I stand corrected....... ;-)


You weren't wrong in a sense. Vlad may well put up big numbers at Camden. That however, won't change the park effects, which basically won't help him. Bonds hit 73 hrs in 01 at Pacbell, the toughest hr park. Green in 01 hit 49 in LA, the 2nd toughest park. A guy could succeed, but the park still works for him, or against.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 296)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

C

Postby The Cow » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:45 am

Call me crazy, but I see VLAD going to Boston.

The Cow
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1754
Joined: 12 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eating refried beans

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact