ARod/Manny Deal Schedule - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ARod/Manny Deal Schedule

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:30 am

Greenrider wrote:sweet jesus...I'm only now beginning to understand how absurd this contract is.

LMAO ... look at all that deffered money too, and earning interest mind you, .. If Boras tells him to waive that money, he will go down in history as the worst agent ever, replacing, well Scott Boras ... :-)
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1147)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:31 am

Nomar Garciaparra reiterated yesterday that he'd like to remain with the Red Sox beyond when his contract expires after next season.
"Basically, what I'd like to say is that I know there's always been this speculation that I'm unhappy there (in Boston). I've heard it and read it -- that I want to go home (to California) and I'm unhappy -- and I don't know where that comes from," Garciaparra said. He also pointed out that he recently bought a home in Boston, something he wouldn't have done if he hoped to leave in a year. While the Red Sox are going to continue their negotiations with the Rangers and Alex Rodriguez, if things fall apart there, they will probably move quickly to open up extension talks with Nomar. The key would be getting Garciaparra to settle for a deal closer to what Miguel Tejada will make than to what Derek Jeter is earning.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:31 am

LBJackal wrote:Are you talking about his 2 1-year options? I don't see any other scenario where A-Rod loses money.

Arod has 3, 1 year player options.

Wrveres wrote:It's his options right ? not the teams ...?? correct ?

Yes, they are Arod's options. Not the teams.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MashinSpuds » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:51 pm

Man, I know this is just me, Mr.LowFiveFigures, but if I were ARod I would seriously consider reducing money just to play for a freaking contender. Pare down the money, join Pedro and Schilling, try to win the big one. On the Rangers it just won't happen, ever.

It's like two jobs for you to choose from. Do you take the 6 figure 'behind the desk and lick envelopes' job or the lowball 5 figure that is a real fun job with great people? I would hope ARod seriously considers the latter.

I guess ARod could really wait until he's 36 and join the Yanks like Sheffield etc, but that just shows a lack of ambition.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 149)

Postby coke609 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:58 pm

I am hoping it will get done.

I think they only people that do not want it to get done (because only a resturcturing of the contract will get it done) is Scott Boras and the Players Union.
I would NEVER vote Pete Rose into the Hall Of Fame
coke609
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Erboes » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:59 pm

I'd take the 6 figures and use a sponge for the envelopes. I don't like people that much anyway.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:36 pm

wrveres wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Are you talking about his 2 1-year options? I don't see any other scenario where A-Rod loses money.

Isn't that what he is giving up ??

It's his options right ? not the teams ...?? correct ?

Exactly, player options. So how is he losing money? If he were on the Red Sox, I imagine his possibility of activating his options would go up from 85-90% to 100%. Can he void his options right now if he wants? Would he do that? He'd most likely be losing about $30M if he did, so I highly doubt he will. And if he actually does, good for him. But I'll believe it when I see it.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:07 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:try to win the big one. On the Rangers it just won't happen, ever.

Yes it will. }:-) Even if I have to run the team myself! }:-) It will happen! }:-) The Rangers will win a World Series eventually! }:-)

}:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:09 pm

LBJackal wrote:
wrveres wrote:

Isn't that what he is giving up ??

It's his options right ? not the teams ...?? correct ?

Exactly, player options. So how is he losing money? If he were on the Red Sox, I imagine his possibility of activating his options would go up from 85-90% to 100%. Can he void his options right now if he wants? Would he do that? He'd most likely be losing about $30M if he did, so I highly doubt he will. And if he actually does, good for him. But I'll believe it when I see it.

30 million 8-o .... Try 81 million .. thats what you are asking him to give up, 81 million. To go play for a team that is going to make a run ... "This Year" ... They don't even have a closer or 2B yet ... They have a shortstop though, a pretty damn good one too ..

Nope Theo is to busy playing 'Fanatsy Baseball' with the Sox, No way Baghdad Boras allows Arod to give up that money without getting more on the backend ... and in grand Boras fashion , earning interest.

Basically if this goes down .. the Sox will be paying 30 million plus per season for the SS position .. maybe thats the 30 million you meant ...

and what is Theos passion with Boras' clients anyways? The young Theo is going to get burned ... IMO
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Greenrider » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:11 pm

Madison wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:try to win the big one. On the Rangers it just won't happen, ever.

Yes it will. }:-) Even if I have to run the team myself! }:-) It will happen! }:-) The Rangers will win a World Series eventually! }:-)

}:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-) }:-)

[backs away from Madison, very, very slowly]
Greenrider
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers