Carlos Quentin MRI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Quentin MRI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby B-Chad » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:30 am

I think I'm in the minority... but I've been higher on Young then Quentin. Quentin may be more polished, but Young's minor league numbers are nothing to sneeze at. He's also got much more upside on the basepaths, and since so many steals guys are one category guys... or sometimes two category guys... I'm a firm believer if you can get a steals guy who can help you across the board... or close to across the board he has a special kind of value.
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:27 am

B-Chad wrote:I think I'm in the minority... but I've been higher on Young then Quentin. Quentin may be more polished, but Young's minor league numbers are nothing to sneeze at. He's also got much more upside on the basepaths, and since so many steals guys are one category guys... or sometimes two category guys... I'm a firm believer if you can get a steals guy who can help you across the board... or close to across the board he has a special kind of value.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Quentin hitting enough home runs to be anything more than a borderline 3rd outfielder in fantasy. He doesn't run and most of his value in real life is based on his ability to get on base...an ability that doesn't help you much in a non-obp league.

Young has far more fantasy upside. He runs and he has a slightly higher power upside.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby swyck » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:11 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Young has far more fantasy upside. He runs and he has a slightly higher power upside.

If Young's available in your league then you can pick him up. If he was available in my league I'd pick him up too.

However, this question was about Quentin who does have value, and while his upside may be less then Young's it doesnt mean his value this year or next won't be higher. Quentin's a top prospect, but like all prospects is a dice roll.

I'm holding on to him.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates