Giants sign Snow, Tucker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to San Francisco Giants

Giants sign Snow, Tucker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Giants sign Snow, Tucker

Postby eftda » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:44 pm

FULL STORY

giants got Snow back and got tucker to a 2 year deal... in my mind this is a great move for the Giants... they keep a gold glover and get a young outfielder.. looks like the giants are trying to rebuild..
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:55 pm

Interesting about Snow. Not bad moves though.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby eftda » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:11 pm

Madison wrote:Interesting about Snow. Not bad moves though.

not bad.. but also not great :-?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:32 pm

eftda wrote:
Madison wrote:Interesting about Snow. Not bad moves though.

not bad.. but also not great :-?

Don't expect greatness...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:24 pm

I thought the Giants would make a few better moves than those....but hopefull they can make a few more before ST..... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:02 am

Its begining to feel alot like Christmas .... and I swear .... I must have been good this year ... Snow, Tucker and Hammonds all competeing for starting job in the NL West .... ;-D :-] Colorado can't afford Stynes, Curt is gone. LA's hands are tied awaiting an owner ..... and the Padres will go into the winter meetings with a stacked lineup and lots of trade bait .... ;-D

KT, never mind the Prior thing for now .... "I want that pennant" :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:08 am

wrveres wrote:Its begining to feel alot like Christmas .... and I swear .... I must have been good this year ... Snow, Tucker and Hammonds all competeing for starting job in the NL West .... ;-D :-] Colorado can't afford Stynes, Curt is gone. LA's hands are tied awaiting an owner ..... and the Padres will go into the winter meetings with a stacked lineup and lots of trade bait .... ;-D

KT, never mind the Prior thing for now .... "I want that pennant" :-)

Yep, it's looking very good for the Padres. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby smallface99 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:56 am

I disagree with my fellow Giant fans. Snow doesn't hit enough to deserve the job unless they bring in a couple more bats. With the loss of Aurilla they can't afford to have Snow and a mediocre outfielder like Tucker in the starting line-up. Oh yeah they need big name starter, the rotation looks awful right now. So unless some names like Palmeiro and Maddux are coming in, I am not excited. Padres fans, I am sincere and honest when I say I am excited to see you guys beginning to look competitive again, you guys got a solid team coming together. About time we got some real competition ;-D
Now Giants fans does the lineup of Durham, Tucker, Grissom, Bonds, Alfonzo, Snow/Feliz, Pierzynski, and Perez really excite you? How about the rotation of Schmidt, Rueter, Williams, Hermansen and Jensen...ouch. I can honestly say I am cocerned.
Jon
smallface99

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby shortsavage » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:03 pm

Indeed, the free agent signing that the Giants have made so far reek of mediocrity :-[ . And, although the Pierzynski trade certainly got the fire burning, I thought that they Giants management would be able to use their $17 million to send the fire up to new levels.

Do they really intend to continue to surround one dry oak log with a couple sticks and a bunch of dry grass, in hopes of putting together a good team?

I wish I was building this camp fire :-P .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby eftda » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:18 am

Dont press the panic button just yet... :-b Remember last year when The Giants got Cruz, Alfonzo, and Durham in like a 2 week span? Well, who says that the Giants can't do it again? But I have to agree and say that if the season started today, then the Giants would be sub-par... but vlad is still is a FA so the season can't start, so just wait till at least Jan 15th.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to San Francisco Giants