More Impact in 2007? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

More Impact in 2007?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby EvSolo » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:11 pm

05worldserieschamps wrote:He won't make a big impact in2007, but Gallardo is head and shoulders above all of those pitchers, and maybe everyone else on the list.

that statement is exaggerated IMO. Miller is right up there with Gallardo and IMO Miller is even better AND should make an impact this year.
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EvSolo » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:12 pm

05worldserieschamps wrote:yes, if Longoria is in, take him. I don't care if you have Wright. Longoria is the Best on that List, hands down.

Again, a little exaggerated. Longoria is not "hands down" better than billy butler. based strictly on offensive potential butler would have the edge at this juncture based on more of a track record.
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rhd » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:34 pm

I would agree that Longoria is not 'hands-down' better than Butler. But BA rated Longoria #7 and Butler #25, so they evidently think Longoria's definitely better. I, too, much prefer Longoria. I've seen Butler play and he definitely does not have an 'athlete's body'. He looks more like the Pillsbury dough boy. He can hit, but word is he's a DH-in-the-making. That has to affect his prospect status. Word is that Longoria is a polished hitter that has more power than people thought he had in college.
rhd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby clevername » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:27 pm

what needs to be remembered here is not who is the better overall prospect but who is the better fantasy prospect.

Butler's prospect rankings take a hit due to his defense. That's fine...but it has little to no effect on his offensive (and thus fantasy) production. Unless he is exclusively a DH due to his defense, it simply won't matter.

Longoria is very new and very hyped and all that. I'd still take Butler over him for fantasy purposes.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 11)

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:32 pm

Noway Nieman has more upside than Adam Miller or Gallardo.I would also go with Butler...He definitely has the best bat of the group.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby High Heater » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:57 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:Noway Nieman has more upside than Adam Miller or Gallardo.I would also go with Butler...He definitely has the best bat of the group.

Niemann's cieling was higher then Millers a few years ago before injury. he has command of 4 plus pitches and good make-up. so yes in some peoples eyes after his comeback last year he has a higher cieling then Miller.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:26 pm

A couple of years ago, Miller was only ranked behind Felix Hernandez, before his injury.I like Nieman but Miller slider is better than any pitch Nieman posses.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball