Drop Burke or Kendrick for Torres? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Drop Burke or Kendrick for Torres?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Burke or Kendrick for Torres?

Postby Ernie.Whitt. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 pm

After finishing my yahoo draft i now find that I've got 2 (i think) good upside 2B in Burke and Kendrick, but the Pittsburgh closer Torres remained undrafted. One useful factor is that Kendrick is also 1B eligible where I have a low end option of Laroche, helpful in a daily league when Laroche isnt playing.

As closers I have K-Rod and Valverde. In this situation, would you drop one of these 2B to pick up Torres?

Thanks!
Ernie.Whitt.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 49)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mission27 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 pm

No, I realy dont think that tores is a worth while sulution at closer, just wait for an injury to hapen and pick up the next guy on the wire. Just stick with those to closers, kendrick and burke, especialy in a keeper league, are to mutch tallent to miss out on.
mission27
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:44 pm

shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Drop Burke or Kendrick for Torres?

Postby dundeeslugger » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:48 pm

Ernie.Whitt. wrote:After finishing my yahoo draft i now find that I've got 2 (i think) good upside 2B in Burke and Kendrick, but the Pittsburgh closer Torres remained undrafted. One useful factor is that Kendrick is also 1B eligible where I have a low end option of Laroche, helpful in a daily league when Laroche isnt playing.

As closers I have K-Rod and Valverde. In this situation, would you drop one of these 2B to pick up Torres?

Thanks!

No, stick with what you have.
I don't understand the thought process of possibly putting Kendrick at 1st. 1st base should be a power hitter spot.
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Re: Drop Burke or Kendrick for Torres?

Postby Ernie.Whitt. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 pm

Thanks![/quote]

No, stick with what you have.
I don't understand the thought process of possibly putting Kendrick at 1st. 1st base should be a power hitter spot.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the best 1B I was able to get was Laroche. Basically on the days he doesn't play, I can use Kendrick in the 1B slot and maybe between the two of them I can get adequate production out of that spot. I would certainly have preferred to get a better 1B, but I'm thinking perhaps kendrick can help make the situation acceptable.
Ernie.Whitt.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 49)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team