looking for 5X5 roto mixed online draft league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

looking for 5X5 roto mixed online draft league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

looking for 5X5 roto mixed online draft league

Postby sonicpike » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:07 pm

I am looking for a 5x5 mixed auction league. Entry fee $50-100. Does anyone need an owner? Please PM me.
Thanks.
sonicpike
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

auction draft keeper league 3 spots asap

Postby harvdogg94 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:42 am

This was my memo to the league today. For more info email me for login info and such.

There are a few things I want to go over with you guys. First off we have 9 players now, apparently I have weeded out a couple of the week managers. I still need three more managers before saturday.

First off, I have decided to make these thing official so you can go about your draft preperation accordingly.

1. The draft will be a keeper draft. Meaning you can keep up to five guys no more than 3 from offense or defense. I am going to establish the $5 yearly cost of a keeping wage on the player (meaning if you buy Santana this year at $35 and keep him for next year he will count as $40 against your salary cap.) I think this may keep some big boppers from being kept year to year but that keeps the draft still very interesting. Again, if your team is so bad or not very good and you don't like any of your keepers then you can keep 0 players and go into next years draft with a full salary cap. How this process will work is simple. Before the 2008 draft I will ask the 2007 winner of the league to announce whom he is keeping and the price that will effect his salary cap. Then, I will email everyone in the league this info. We will go in order of where teams finished the previous year. So I will anounce the 2nd place teams, 3rd place teams keepers and so on. I think this will make our league stronger because the teams at the bottom of the standings will have a better idea of whom will be in the player pool in the upcoming draft so therefore they can adjust their salary cap and keepers accordingly. Again, if you have any input on this memorandum please feel free to speak up. I need managers that will not give up on their team and stick with it year to year. If you can't do this I hope you will bow out respectively.

2. This will not be a pay league. It is a free league this year. It cost me $30 to do the auction type draft but no worries its worth it for me if you know me personnally I am a fantasy freak and would have spent the money in some sort of league somewhere. I think we will atleast wait till next year to put forth some kind of a prize pool together. In the other leagues I run, mostly keeper leagues we do 25 per manager and we pay 1st/70% 2nd/20% 3rd/10%.

3. Draft time is Saturday March 24th @ 4pm pacific time. Some people have to work sat till 3pm this is why I made it 4pm. IF THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE I MUST KNOW NOW! EVERYONE NEEDS TO MAKE THE DRAFT. If you have tried the software on FantasyAuctioneer.com you know that the computer will bid on players if you don't make it to the draft, the problem is you cannot delegate which players to bid up on or to even bid on unless you go in there and set up your que and leave. I STRONGLY SUGGEST GOING TO THE AUCTION WEB SITE AND DOING A MOCK DRAFT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS email George at mailto:support@fantasyauctioneer.com. He's the creater of the web site and will answer any questions generally in 5-10min.

Okay guys for now that's it. If you have a couple of friends that are familiar with fantasy baseball and would be good for the league please let them know. I am going to try and fill the last three spots today. Again, any questions email me or post a comment on this league message board. Have a good week this should be one of the best leagues you guys will ever be in.

-Commish (Harv) mailto:harvdogg749@yahoo.com
harvdogg94
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds