Who gets the # 4 & 5 Spots on the rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Who gets the # 4 & 5 Spots on the rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who gets the # 4 & 5 Spots on the rotation

Postby powenM » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:39 pm

4 SPs having outstanding springs

TOhka
JTowers
VZambrano
CJansen
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:08 pm

I'm pretty sure Ohka and Towers will get the #4 and #5 spots in the rotation, while Zambrano and Janssen may fill roles in the bullpen.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:16 am

mweir145 wrote:I'm pretty sure Ohka and Towers will get the #4 and #5 spots in the rotation, while Zambrano and Janssen may fill roles in the bullpen.

Yup. Towers is pitching tomorrow I think, and if I am not mistaken he got knocked around a little last outing. Hopefully he will be better this time around.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:35 am

I think it will be Zambrano.

Actually the thing I'm hoping for with Zambrano is somehow JP turns him into Kazmir. :-D
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ensanimal » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:06 am

Ohka with the 4th spot. I really hope Towers gets te 5th spot over Zambrano. :-o
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:02 am

ensanimal wrote:Ohka with the 4th spot. I really hope Towers gets te 5th spot over Zambrano. :-o

Did you see Towers pitch last year? Either way what I'm really hoping for is at some point one of our young guns actually shows something and takes command.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:39 pm

All reports are that Zambrano has pitched really well this spring, and could be the guy who gets the #5 spot over Towers. Either way I'm sure the #6 guy will get several starts at some point this year, for one reason or another. If Towers gets his head together again this year he could be decent.

Actually, the guy who concerns me more than either of those two this year is Chacin. Something about him just doesn't make me feel too confident; I kinda expect him to get lit up at some point.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:46 am

bdrotoronto wrote:All reports are that Zambrano has pitched really well this spring, and could be the guy who gets the #5 spot over Towers. Either way I'm sure the #6 guy will get several starts at some point this year, for one reason or another. If Towers gets his head together again this year he could be decent.

Actually, the guy who concerns me more than either of those two this year is Chacin. Something about him just doesn't make me feel too confident; I kinda expect him to get lit up at some point.

The mere fact that it's taken this long for him to make a decision indicates that Zambrano is the front runner for the #5 job as JP's been waiting to see whether Zambrano would eventually break down (which hasn't happened), and with that decent outing today, he may have clinched it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 pm

The Jays announced that Towers will start the season as the #5 starter and Zambrano will start out in the bullpen. Looks like there's plenty of long-reliever help in the bullpen (Zambrano, Jannsen, Downs, Marcum) in the pen should Gus, Ohka or Towers struggle early. Nice to have that flexibility, now let's just hope our 7th/8th inning guys can do well too (I'm still not sold on Accardo - hope that League can get his velocity back!)
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:07 pm

Rance Mulliniks wrote:The Jays announced that Towers will start the season as the #5 starter and Zambrano will start out in the bullpen. Looks like there's plenty of long-reliever help in the bullpen (Zambrano, Jannsen, Downs, Marcum) in the pen should Gus, Ohka or Towers struggle early. Nice to have that flexibility, now let's just hope our 7th/8th inning guys can do well too (I'm still not sold on Accardo - hope that League can get his velocity back!)

Yeah, I heard this today as well. I think it was the right decision. Towers has shown in the past he's capable of putting up good numbers over a major league season for us. He just has to be on a short leash, however.

Oh, and welcome back Rance, I don't think you've been here in a long time, though I do remember you from when I first joined this forum a few years ago, and from what I remember, you were a knowledgeable Jays fan. ;-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Toronto Blue Jays