If Wickman goes down... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If Wickman goes down...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:21 am

1st - Davies is a right hander.

2nd - Harrison could get the call as a MR mid-season, but since he's a SP long-term, I can't see him becoming a LH set-up man and he likely starts the season in the minors.

3rd - McBride is effective against LH and so-so (at best) vs. RH. He's not really someone who has shown the ability to be a primary LH set-up guy.

As such, with the predominance of RH set-up candidates (Yates, Paronto, Villareal, Stockman, Boyer, Devine), it is easier to slide Soriano into the closer role and replace him internally than doing the same with MGonz.

Throw in MGonz's elbow questions, his poor performance to date in ST and how Soriano has done, I think Soriano would get first choice.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby daullaz » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:1st - Davies is a right hander.

2nd - Harrison could get the call as a MR mid-season, but since he's a SP long-term, I can't see him becoming a LH set-up man and he likely starts the season in the minors.

3rd - McBride is effective against LH and so-so (at best) vs. RH. He's not really someone who has shown the ability to be a primary LH set-up guy.

As such, with the predominance of RH set-up candidates (Yates, Paronto, Villareal, Stockman, Boyer, Devine), it is easier to slide Soriano into the closer role and replace him internally than doing the same with MGonz.

Throw in MGonz's elbow questions, his poor performance to date in ST and how Soriano has done, I think Soriano would get first choice.

Agreed. Soriano will get the first crack at closing. Gonzalez might have been 24/24 last year, but he's 0/0 as a Brave. His value to the Braves lies in setting up.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers