Rate my 10 team, 5x5 keeper draft, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my 10 team, 5x5 keeper draft, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my 10 team, 5x5 keeper draft, WHIR

Postby cubbieball10 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:32 pm

Keepers: Justin Morneau, Jim Thome, Melvin Mora, Jason Bay, Ichiro Suzuki, Jonny Gomes, Josh Beckett, Jason Schmidt, Ervin Santana, Oliver Perez.

I drafted on Saturday in a ten team keeper league, 5 x 5 scoring, head to head play. Here is the team I selected. I listed the pick number and the players drafted before and after, respectively, to give some sense of the value (or lack thereof that I drafted).

102. Hanley Ramirez (Matsuzaka, Brian McCann)
112. Rocco Baldelli (Alex Gordon, Nick Swisher)
122. Julio Lugo (Torii Hunter, Josh Barfield)
133. Mike Piazza (Brad Hawpe, Rich Hill)
139. Chris Ray (Stephen Drew, Michael Cuddyer)
142. Ian Kinsler (Annibal Sanchez, Mike Cameron)
159. Adam Wainwright (Francisco Cordero, Bobby Crosby)
162. Chad Tracy (Nate Robertson, Conor Jackson)
179. Chuck James (Eric Chavez, Zach Duke)
182. Jonathon Broxton (Joe Crede, Russell Martin)
199. Jeremy Hermeda (Eric Byrnes, Chris Ianetta)
202. Jon Garland (Jorge Cantu, Wilso Betemit)

Where is my team deep (in terms of position and statistically)? Where am I suspectible? What was my best pick in terms of value and what was my worst?
cubbieball10
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sstobe » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:22 pm

I like the Broxton pick at 182. I'm high on him and think he will be great. Piazza could be a steal at the C pos, now with the DH availablity to keep him fresh. Rocco could be amazing and fit right in Bay and Suzuki.

Your lineup is solid all the way around for most categories.

The pitching is ? though. Ray is your only closer as of now and your staff is anchored by beckett and schmidt who have been hot/cold pitchers. I like schmidt and think he will get decent run support w/his new team. I also like chuck james as a potential sleeper SP.

I'm not sure why you kept gomes, mora or perez (they aren't guys I would usually keep), but I don't know you league settings.
sstobe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 26)

Postby cubbieball10 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:34 pm

In answer to the question about league settings: We kept ten and my team finished ninth last year. The only players eligible to be kept are those drafted at the beginning of the year, of which I had questionable talent. If I had to make the decisions over again, I would have kept Freel over Mora and drafted Tracy again. Thanks for the help.

Wickman, Isringhausen, Dempster, McClung, Wheeler and Rodney are all available on waiver wire. My thouhgts are to go after Izzy initially (and achieve a possible handcuff with Wainwright--although he's slated to start as of now, right?) and then if Lidge or Jones falter, pick up Wheeler or Rodney. Plus I have Broxton if the Dodger's closer flops.
cubbieball10
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Selig Must Die » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:47 pm

Izzy has been looking healthy in hte spring. No big injury news on him that I've heard, pick him up quick! Wainright will start. Dempter can only lose his job if he tries.

Any suggestions for me?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2108507&highlight=#2108507
Selig Must Die
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team