I think I have a really good team. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I think I have a really good team.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I think I have a really good team.

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:17 pm

Hey guys, rate my team that I just draft. I think I'm pretty balanced although my pitching may be a little young. :-o

5x5 roto, 12 teams

C: Posada
1B:Sexson
2B: Kendrick
SS: Furcal
3B:A-Rod
OF: Sizemore
OF: Bay
OF: Rios
UTIL: Hafner

SP: Cain
SP: Kazmir
RP: Ray
RP: Fuentes
P: A:Sanchez
P: S. Olsen
P: Zumaya

Bench: hitters: Huff, A-Gon, Chris B. Young,

Pitchers: Patterson, Wheeler.

Old time pitchers went before they should have for the most part. Thats why my staff is so young. But I think I did alright. What do you guys think?
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yanks Ruined It » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:47 pm

I love your of ;-D , not so much in like sexson :-t at 1st this year, I think you really need to look for help there(maybe hafner can qualify for 1st this year). I am afraid your staff :-t is going to hold your team back this year,you really need to do a trade for an ace(might have to give up an of to get 1) I think you have alot of fa and trading ahead to be in top tier :-/
If there is baseball in heaven!!!! Be very aware of the starting lineup
Yanks Ruined It
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sublime8414 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:49 pm

watch the WW for closers because you will be a little short in saves. with anibel sanchez in the rotation I think he loses value (as opposed to closing). He will be inconsistent and probably not worth keeping. I would try and move rios for a pitcher if you can. I think chris b. young puts up comparable number this year, and you need some pitching. I would also consider moving sexson and/or posada for pitching. Sexson will murder you avg especially with how few hitters you play, and I think a-gon hits 30 hr this year, so you're not losing much. You get so little production at catcher that if you can get something worth while for posada It's worthwhile. He's regressing, and guys like russell martin, and maybe even josh bard, and iannetta should put up comparable numbers. I would target guys like schilling, sheets, anthony reyes, cole hamels, and chris young, all of whom are under-rated this year imo.

I would appreciate some feedback as well:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:14 pm

sublime8414 wrote:watch the WW for closers because you will be a little short in saves. with anibel sanchez in the rotation I think he loses value (as opposed to closing). He will be inconsistent and probably not worth keeping. I would try and move rios for a pitcher if you can. I think chris b. young puts up comparable number this year, and you need some pitching. I would also consider moving sexson and/or posada for pitching. Sexson will murder you avg especially with how few hitters you play, and I think a-gon hits 30 hr this year, so you're not losing much. You get so little production at catcher that if you can get something worth while for posada It's worthwhile. He's regressing, and guys like russell martin, and maybe even josh bard, and iannetta should put up comparable numbers. I would target guys like schilling, sheets, anthony reyes, cole hamels, and chris young, all of whom are under-rated this year imo.

I would appreciate some feedback as well:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Sanchez was always going to be a starter. He was a starter last year. And if I'm not mistaken he pitched a no hitter.

And sure Posada is regressing but the guy still hit for power last year without killing your average which is a good thing. I take him easily over any catcher you listed.

And like I said, any pitcher with any name value went too early which means they are over valued in this league. I would have to give up a ton to get anyone decent. I think I can grab SP off the waiver wire during the year. As for the Bullpen I have 2 closers which is decent, plus 2 guys who could easily take the closers job for their teams.

It'd be nice to grab a SP with a little better track record but it's going to cost a ton. I'll see what I can get for Rios, But I grabbed him in the 14th round, so something tells me not much.

But I really believe Kazmir and Cain can anchor a staff. Just need more wins. Maybe grab Garland for wins. But remember Zumaya and Wheeler will put up #1 starter numbers combined.

As for Sexson, yeah I agree, I was grabbing him to keep it warm for Hafner. Hopefully Hafner does get 1b under his belt. Even so I don't think Sexson is that bad. I mean he can put up the same numbers as Dunn and Dunn went 60 picks higher. Plus his second half last year was great. Maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into it.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jimmy103 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:21 pm

Posada is a underrated C
Sexson is servicable at 1B so long as you make up for BA elsewhere (see Kendrick)
ARod is gonna be a monster
Pronk is diesel
Sizemore and Bay are great well rounded guys
Cain and Kaz are guys upside for SP
Ray and Zumaya are good relievers

Tell me what you think:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259455
Win 2 more and then we'll talk.
Jimmy103
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:21 pm

Your outfield is your strong point. You also have A rod .Your offense will dominate. Your pitching may have a few bumps in it ,but you could have done much worse.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259318
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:31 pm

shoelessjoetara wrote:Your outfield is your strong point. You also have A rod .Your offense will dominate. Your pitching may have a few bumps in it ,but you could have done much worse.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259318

"Bumps" Thats a nice way to put it. lol !+)
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ksinghas » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:42 pm

your outfield looks good but u may wanna try and deal one to add a better number 1 pitcher. i think this will help put your team over the top
ksinghas
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:35 pm

ksinghas wrote:your outfield looks good but u may wanna try and deal one to add a better number 1 pitcher. i think this will help put your team over the top

Would Huff or Young be good enough for me to look in to trading Sizemore or Bay for Carpenter? And would this be a good move? I've always liked having a strong offence and tried to piece together a rotation through out the year. But usually I would have picked up a more sure fire #1 than Kaz or Cain.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:42 am

bump
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor