Contract Bud - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Contract Bud

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ramble2 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:26 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:
wrveres wrote:You mean Buds "Three" teams ... Milwaukee, Florida and ,, Montreal .... And The only way one of those prominent Milwaukee business executives, is getting his hands on the Brewers is if he has an affair with Wendy :-) ... sleeping with a Selig women is one sure way to get yourself a franchise, ask Jeffrey Loria .. :-°

OK...here is the plan...the Cafe' will start taking donations to buy the Expos....and then we will move them to Portland.....Who is going to volunteer to call Wendy....... :-b

I think we should draw straws. Short draw loses. X-I
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:51 pm

BigLebowski wrote:AMEN!!!!!

How easily this could be fixed by setting not a salary cap, but a salary minimum.

the owners actually had a salary floor proposal for the last cba but the players rejected it thinking it would be a precursor to a salary cap.

i would like to see a salary cap with some kind of modified larry bird rule whereby teams could re-sign their own free agents without too much of a penalty. the cap would be a little different every couple of years based on inflation and independent reviews of revenues/expenses.

as for a salary floor, i think it should be based on a two year average. lets say the floor is 40 million and a particular team is at 42 million but has a 6 million player that they want to trade. lets just assume that they are taking on minimal payroll and that trade makes good baseball sense. the salary floor would prevent the team from making this trade. but if the floor were based on a two year average a team could have 36 million payroll one year but must have 44 million payroll the next year.

as for the punishment for not meeting the floor i say you hold back whatever the difference between actual and the floor from revenue sharing. so if the floor is 40 million and they have a 36 million payroll then they get 4 million less from revenue sharing.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers