Bench
Corey Hart
Chris Young OF
Josh Johnson
Sammy Sosa
Dan Wheeler
Aaron Hill
Yanieskey Betancourt

I know I will have to get another closer ,but I took wheeler because I think Lidge will not close all season.Could have also used a little more speed also but in a 14 team league it is hard to be competitive in every category or at least win every one.
Last edited by shoelessjoetara on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokey » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:30 am

This is a very strong team for a 14-team league. Saves always present themselves in unexpected places throughout the course of a season, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I wouldn't be too happy with Peralta as my starting SS, even in a 14 team league, so see if you can't upgrade there. Your OF is a point of strength that you could afford to deal from. Also, Gordon will likely not start the season in the majors, so I wouldn't want him as my starting DH.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HotCornR » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 am

Agree with the post above, quite strong for a 14 teamer. Your starting staff is full of guys I love this year. King will emerge as an Elite AL pitcher, Lackey is money and Bedard will be a top 5 AL starter. Peralta I have been high on for the last few years, but after last year, I have my questions. His BA killed me last year. Closer will need to be addressed. Nice job overall
HotCornR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Murphs13 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:30 am

I love your team but I do agree with everyone on Peralta. Lackey, Hernandez, and Capuano i really like but I'm not too thrilled with Bedard and Hudson. What you should do is shop with your outfield because I really like Chris Young.
Murphs13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:56 am

bump
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:18 am

i think betancourt will help you at SS, I guess you can't be stacked everywhere, but you got studs or young guys who will become that team looks fantastic. You have one solid closer and one who will pick up a fair share of saves. Can you list ww please.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1957)

Postby Trojan Pony » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:41 am

Pretty good team... Offense is solid, but like others said, Peralta is shaky, and Gordon probably won't be starting, at least not at first. Your pitching worries me more though. It's pretty obvious you drafted it late. After Felix and Lackey it's pretty shaky...Bedard and Capuano are decent but nothing special IMO. Hudson is total garbage and you can finally find a better pitcher on waivers. Borowski and Weathers are fringe closers, saves will be a problem. I would consider trading Sheffield...he can get you some pretty good players and I think your offense is more than adequate for a 14-teamer, plus you have Hart and Young primed for breakout seasons who could platoon that third spot.

Please help: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259356
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby IbIban » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:33 am

for a 14 team league it looks really solid.
IbIban
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bball123 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:10 pm

Pretty much what everyone else said. For a 14 team leauge this team is pretty good, and you should do pretty good.
bball123
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sublime8414 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:31 pm

Your Offense is solid. I agree that you should deal at least rios, if not more from you OF, because hart, and young will put up comparable numbers. As others have stated gordon is starting the year in the minors. I personally think you're fine with peralta for now. See how the season starts. Keep on eye on rich aurillia, I'm under the impression he's going to be hitting 3rd, so he should put up some decent numbers. If not, you can find something on the WW. I see kent regessing, so If you can get good value for him, I might move him, MI doesn't need to give you a ton of production in a league this big. I might try and move for some high upside pitching. You need to take a few risks to win a league this large. Guys like, anthony reyes, cole hamels, even though everyone knows him I think bonderman is going to be a top 10 pitcher this year. some vets like schilling, pettite, and maddux are very under-rated. If you round out your pitching you will certainly be a top 3 team. as others have said saves will emerge. if you have a dl spot pick up tankersley, he's available in a few of my leagues. thanks for mine, hope this helped.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team