Peter Gammons is AWFUL! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Peter Gammons is AWFUL!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Justise » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:06 pm

Maybe gammons knows something we don't about Ervin Santana. He is a baseball analyist.

And on his editing, I'd rather he spent 5 minutes proofreading his stuff and get it out, then 30 minutes, then getting bored doing it and stopping.
Justise
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshheines » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:39 pm

I'd guess Gammons has seen Santana play as many times as I have. That number is exactly, and no more than, ZERO. He talks to scouts, maybe. Other than that he knows what he is told. That is exactly the information I have. Santana's numbers aren't overly impressive, but impressive enough. The kids good, but he's no ace. He's a solid #2 pitcher. And that's damn fine.
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:57 pm

DK wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
blankman wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
blankman wrote:calm down josh, I don't think this is anything to get worked up about. There's plenty of other things to focus your frustration on ex. Bonds winning MVP over Pujols :-D

Frustration? Writers were right, at least that time.

We don't need to go into this debate again. :-°

There is no debate: Bonds clearly deserved the MVP. If it was the "Best Stats Award" then Pujols would get it, but Bonds is the definition of MVP.

And Away we go....

LB- you are right, there is no debate.

Pujols clearly deserved it.

In the best interest of the forum however, we all need to agree to disagree. No one is going to change anyone else's mind and the exercise of repeating past arguements is futile and time consuming. :-°
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:16 am

blankman wrote:

In the best interest of the forum however, we all need to agree to disagree. No one is going to change anyone else's mind and the exercise of repeating past arguements is futile and time consuming. :-°

I'm not a great fan of writers, but you got to ponder this. Bonds, who isn't a favorite of writer's, completely dominated the vote 28 1st place votes to Pujols 3. You can say you would have voted for Pujols. But the words (clearly) and (deserved) should be absent.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby blankman » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:19 am

HOOTIE wrote:
blankman wrote:

I'm not a great fan of writers, but you got to ponder this. Bonds, who isn't a favorite of writer's, completely dominated the vote 28 1st place votes to Pujols 3. You can say you would have voted for Pujols. But the words (clearly) and (deserved) should be absent.

Pujols it? Doesn't make much sense :-D

But I'll say it again, because I believe it and believe the writers got it completely wrong "Pujols clearly deserved it." End of statement
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ramble2 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:38 am

DK wrote:All I know is, if I were offered Nomah for Adam Kennedy and a prospect,

I'D DO IT.

What is wrong with Stoneman? I mean, he's ripping off the Sox and he's DECLINING? are you CRAZY? There is no doubt that in a fantasy league, that trade would get vetoed. I mean, come on Bill, wake up and smell the Nomah.

Getting back on track ...

LOL! :-D

Of course, a lot of these salary dump trades would be veto-fodder in a non-keeper, non-salary league.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby blankman » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:41 am

ramble2 wrote:Getting back on track ...

my bad !+)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Bonds

Postby gypsyspot » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:24 am

It was Bonds. All I have to say is 530 OBP.
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:32 am

DK wrote:All I know is, if I were offered Nomah for Adam Kennedy and a prospect,

I'D DO IT.

What is wrong with Stoneman? I mean, he's ripping off the Sox and he's DECLINING? are you CRAZY? There is no doubt that in a fantasy league, that trade would get vetoed. I mean, come on Bill, wake up and smell the Nomah.

He's looking at it that he would be giving up Kennedy and a prospect for a 1 year rent a player. Granted, it's Nomar, but he's a free agent after '04. If they can't afford to re-sign him after '04, then why give up a prospect?

*Disclaimer----I have no idea if the prospect is good or not. If he's truely a good prospect, then I probably wouldn't give him up for 1 year of Nomar either.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Minors

Postby Minor_scout » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:12 am

Chill dude, Gammons stated PERHAPS the best in regards to Santana.

We're talking minor league PROSPECTS. You saying Santana is a #2 is nonsense...you don't know, I don't know.

If you woulda told minor league scouts before last year that Brandon Webb would have had the success he did (FYI his #'s were more impressive than Dontrelle's -- in a more hitter friendly environment & should have won the Rookie of the Year), they would of said you were NUTS....as Webb's minor league #'s didn't show he'd be capable of what he did in Year 1.
Minor_scout

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers