Rate this team,&I will guarentee a win for you this yearWHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate this team,&I will guarentee a win for you this yearWHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate this team,&I will guarentee a win for you this yearWHIR

Postby HollywoodHartman » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Roto, 12 team, 5x5 same as yahoo public EXCEPT 1 more SP + Util

C : Martin
1b: Fielder
2b: Utley
SS: Ramirez
3b: Glaus
OF: Sizemore
OF: Ibanez
OF: Freel
UT: Thomas
UT: C. Jones
BN: C. B. Young
BN: A. Gordon

SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Hamels
SP: Schilling
RP: Ryan
RP: C. Cordero
P : Wickman
P : Patterson
P : M. Gonzalez
BN: James
BN: Pavano
BN: Penny
HollywoodHartman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:56 pm

thanks for the help. i dont see anything wrong with your batting,catcher is your weakest position and with martin that isnt horrible at all. starting pitching can be worked on a bit also check out the WW for a better pitcher than pavano
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby naniwa » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:45 pm

That's a good team with some concerns at the end of the roster...that's not bad. I think you could end up needing a little more power, which shouldn't be hard to find. A concern is your pitchers. Washington is going to be 100-110 loss bad, so unless C. Cordero gets traded, he's not getting many saves. M. Gonzalez should help ERA and WHIP, but there are other better middle relievers out there who are better. I don't see him closing in Atlanta. Yeah, it's nice insurance for Wickman, but I don't have any concerns with Wickman and drafted him on a few teams. Is Broxton, Otsuka, Shields, or Wheeler available? Each of them have more value than Gonzalez in my opinion.

You also have two questions at SP. Both Penny and Pavano are risky injury-prone pitchers. Penny was terrible, really terrible after the All-Star break last year. Watch closely and be ready to dump. Pavano is a bigger risk. He didn't pitch last year and was in not great in 2005. In 2004 he had a career year. At best, you'll get his 2003 stats (12 wins, 4.30 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 133 K), which are about what expectations should be for him. Those stats aren't great and are readily available from players with more upside. I've drafted in 5 leagues already and Pavano was picked in one. There are probably better options available on the wire.
naniwa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby buckfoston07 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Your team is very well rounded, I agree with the above that Pavano and Penny are injury risks. I think if they emerge and pitch like they can, that might be the key to winning your championship.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259858
HELP PLEASE
buckfoston07
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team