Griffey moves to RF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Griffey moves to RF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby IllinoisBandit » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:02 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
thedude wrote:The Reds really should move Dunn to First, Griffey to left, Freel to center, and put Hamilton in right.

I agree with that since Dunn is horrible in LF and Hamilton has the strongest arm by far. But that would only work until Votto gets called up (predicted to be sometime in 2007) or Dunn gets traded (he does have a 13 mill option for 2008).
I didn't know about the option. I thought Dunn was out the door. Either way Votto needs some time at AAA.

Dunn is worse at first, believe it or not. He needs to be involved in as few plays as possible. He's gone after this year, barring an MVP season warranting him being worth 13 million. Even then that option has a no trade clause so I doubt the Reds would pick it up.

Honestly I think they should have left KGJ in center. He's comforitable there and still pretty decent when healthy. I'd hate to see him having trouble dealing with the switch to RF.
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phunkadelic » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Adam Dunn is a horrible, horrible 1B-man. The Reds have been down that road and it would happen again. He is somehow worse there than in the OF.

Alot of his OF defensive problems come from the fact that he doesn't try. At all. He's said a couple time this spring that he is re-devoted to the game this year. I'll only believe it when I see it.

Joey Votto will not get called up this year, except maybe in September. Barring an injury, there's just not room for him with Hatteberg and Conine. Hatty is gone next year barring the team option in his contract so look to then for a call-up.

They say Griffey is moving to RF, but rumors are he's not happy about it one bit. He usually gets his way, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in CF after not too long.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Dunn as 1B:

95 FRAA rate. Basically he's given up 5 more runs per 100 games than the average 1B.

Dunn as LF:

92 FRAA rate. 8 more runs per 100 games given up as a LF.

He might look bad as a 1B, but he costs his team more in LF.
Last edited by Chrisy Moltisanti on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sstobe » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:42 pm

thedude wrote:The Reds really should move Dunn to First, Griffey to left, Freel to center, and put Hamilton in right.

Fully agree!
sstobe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 26)

Postby BGbootha » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:16 pm

Why can't the reds just trade griffey to an American League team and let him DH. (hmmm, I wonder if his old house in Seattle is available)
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:29 pm

BGbootha wrote:Why can't the reds just trade griffey to an American League team and let him DH. (hmmm, I wonder if his old house in Seattle is available)

I don't know...Griffey may be one of those players like Bonds that doesn't like the idea of DH'ing. I know Bonds has mentioned a few times that he wants to stay in the outfield his entire career. I agree with you that it would be nice if older guys like Griffey and Bonds would move to the AL and DH but some of them simply don't want to leave the field.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:09 pm

Hopefully this can help him keep him a bit healthier during the year, I'd love to see him have another productive and full season before he leaves the game.

Kudos to GiantsFan14 for the sig.
BlueBandit24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrkrab2003 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:15 pm

i would love to see griffey go back to seattle and edgar to come out of retirement. I think Griff will be a yankee sooner than later
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:19 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:i would love to see griffey go back to seattle and edgar to come out of retirement. I think Griff will be a yankee sooner than later

Not with the team as it stands now. They've got Matsui, Damon, Abreu and Giambi taking up the OF/DH slots. There'd be no place for Jr. to play right now.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Prooks25 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:42 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
mrkrab2003 wrote:i would love to see griffey go back to seattle and edgar to come out of retirement. I think Griff will be a yankee sooner than later

Not with the team as it stands now. They've got Matsui, Damon, Abreu and Giambi taking up the OF/DH slots. There'd be no place for Jr. to play right now.

And Melky Cabrera needs ABs.
Prooks25
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers