Maels Rodriguez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maels Rodriguez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Maels Rodriguez

Postby kdawg » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:21 pm

Does anyone have any info on this pitcher? I know he is reported to top out around 100 mph on the radar. Where do you think he will end up and how good could he be?
kdawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:27 pm

i think he is scheduling a workout in early january for teams to get a look at him. so far only a couple teams seem interested (i think the yanks and mets). he is rumored to have a fastball around 100. he is also rumored to have some shoulder or arms problems that greatly reduced the velocity of his fastball. i will wait until i hear some reports from his workout before i forming any opinions of him.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby DK » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:14 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i think he is scheduling a workout in early january for teams to get a look at him. so far only a couple teams seem interested (i think the yanks and mets). he is rumored to have a fastball around 100. he is also rumored to have some shoulder or arms problems that greatly reduced the velocity of his fastball. i will wait until i hear some reports from his workout before i forming any opinions of him.

Wait, I'm lost.

Did he have arm problems that reduced his velocity to 100? If so, where was it before?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:26 pm

DK wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:i think he is scheduling a workout in early january for teams to get a look at him. so far only a couple teams seem interested (i think the yanks and mets). he is rumored to have a fastball around 100. he is also rumored to have some shoulder or arms problems that greatly reduced the velocity of his fastball. i will wait until i hear some reports from his workout before i forming any opinions of him.

Wait, I'm lost.

Did he have arm problems that reduced his velocity to 100? If so, where was it before?

I'm sure that J_D meant that the arm troubles have brought him below 100 mph.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:28 pm

Madison wrote:
DK wrote:

Wait, I'm lost.

I'm sure that J_D meant that the arm troubles have brought him below 100 mph.

That's what I assumed, but these foreign guys...jeez...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:38 pm

what i meant was that there are rumors he is injured. he was left off the pan am and olympic roster. cuban officials say he had arm problems and his fastball was topping out at 85. i think his agent is saying that cuban officials were just making that up as some kind of deterrent to defecting (if they spread word that he is damaged goods then mlb wont be as interested in him). he claims he will be able to demonstrate he can throw 100mph. bottom line: too many unkowns for me to make any projections.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:45 pm

Just to verify what JD said. Cuban officials said he had arm problems and was topping out at 85 vs the 100 he did throw. I would say that was some serious arm problems. But we'll find out soon enough, either he'll throw around 100 or he won't. I think he'll be close since he's holding a workout.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:21 pm

Mike MacDougal was reported as throwing 103 last year and look where it got him...he was also said to have a 97 MPH sinker :-o so we'll see how this guy does. I'm not making this stuff up, I read it in an article before last season which caused me to take MacDougal in almost all of my leagues last season. And trade him immediately after his huge start :-B

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:40 pm

If he's as good as he claims to be, expect him in a Yankee uniform next year.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby KPucks » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:47 pm

blankman wrote:If he's as good as he claims to be, expect him in a Yankee uniform next year.

the sad thing is that that is probably true. its like Latin America is part of the Yankees farm system.
Last edited by KPucks on Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers