Francisco Cordero - any thoughts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Francisco Cordero - any thoughts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Francisco Cordero - any thoughts

Postby surferguy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:55 pm

He pitched well for the Brewers after he came over last year. He has a good strikeout to innings pitched ratio. He hasn't saw a lot of action this spring. Anybody have thoughts on him this year?
surferguy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:44 pm

I'm pretty high on him. I really liked him after he went to the NL where no teams have really seen his stuff.

I probably see:

3.50 ERA
1.25 WHIP
70 IP
80 K
35 Saves
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Scooter1027 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:11 pm

Call me the homer optimist, but I'm even higher on him then that. I think he'll have a better ERA (something around 2.85) with a healthy number of Ks. Additionally, with what appears to be a very good pitching staff but an average offense (with growth potential), there could be many save situations. I think he's been a bargain in the drafts I've been a part of.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Tarheel00 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm thinking he'll get a lot of save opportunities. Their lineup has improved with age (Fielder, Weeks) and their rotation has the potential to be one of the best.
Tarheel00
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Look at his career so far, then consider if you are going to judge him by multiple season or one bad month which is all he had last year.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bselig » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:21 pm

a potential stud with a seemingly secure job, he should be a fine addition to your relief corps
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:56 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Call me the homer optimist, but I'm even higher on him then that. I think he'll have a better ERA (something around 2.85) with a healthy number of Ks. Additionally, with what appears to be a very good pitching staff but an average offense (with growth potential), there could be many save situations. I think he's been a bargain in the drafts I've been a part of.

Oh I agree. But I think you can at least expect the numbers I gave.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby cy23young » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:56 am

If you have Cordero, would it be smart to pick up Turnbow.
cy23young
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:38 am

cy23young wrote:If you have Cordero, would it be smart to pick up Turnbow.

I think Cordero's job is safe. The Brewers are going to try to bring Turnbow back to '05 form by making him the set-up man though.

Even if Turnbow comes back to his old form, I could only see him getting save opps if Cordero is traded or falters. I don't see him dropping off and even if he's traded, it wouldn't be worth it to pick Turnbow up now because a deal will likely happen right before the trade deadline.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:50 am

I fully expect for Cordero to be one of the reasons the Brew Crew improves this season. He has great stuff and the right make up for a closer. 35+ saves isn't out or reach, with other stat lines medocre to above avereage for stoppers. Great value for where I've seen him drafted.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers