Rate my team...just finished my draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team...just finished my draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby yankeeman » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:58 pm

i am tryin to find anything u should work on but i cant

nice job! just dont mess up with any big trades!
Jeter+Arod=destruction.........and blood....lots and lots of blood
yankeeman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blakcSiR » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:19 pm

your pitching looks like its in alot of trouble, most of the guys u have, have alot of upside but are very injury proned would be a dream or nightmarish kind of year
Kazmir and King Felix
holding down my keeper team for the next 10 years
blakcSiR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby avstars » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:22 pm

thanks for your input on Shef/V-Mart.

Your hitters look great so the only think i'll look into is your P. Your top of the rotation is injury prone, but if healthy it will pay off. I'll definately keep an eye on SP as the season goes on because there's always stuff to fish out for any of your other pitchers.
avstars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mykedoc77 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:32 am

For 14 teams, you did very well...I am LOVING that OF. Echo what the others said about closers
Mykedoc77
mykedoc77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby boyz35 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:58 pm

Don G. wrote: There are a couple of guys that made some big mistakes in the draft. One guy wasted his first 3 picks on starting pitching. Overall, everyone is pretty knowledgeable but we have some yankee fans in there that preferred to take Abreu over Holliday.

If the first guy chose the right pitchers & drafted well after, he could have a team that will give you some trouble. Abreu & Holliday are right there with each other. A Yankee fan should probably have Abreu. Just last season Holliday was a late rounder. (but I know you were just having fun with the Yankee fans on the board)

I like all of your position players except Varitek, because he's a 5 day a week catcher, & Kinsler, but they're obviously thin positions.
I think you'll be happy with Troy Glaus, & it doesn't hurt to take a chance on Gordon having an easy transition with his talent.

You're closers are excellent, even though Wagner has his tortuous moments - you can't complain about having him in a 14 teamer (unless you took him ahead of Nathan or BJR). Sure you're SP could be a little risky, but it actually might end up being quite good, & your offense wouldn't be as good if you had more "sure thing" SPing.
You're most likely a contender in this league.
boyz35
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:02 pm

I think you're in good shape all around. Rios and Patterson are question marks, but not big ones. Pitching should be more than adequate. I'd even consider going and gettig another top holds guy, if available. Linebrink, Proctor, Soriano, Gonzalez, Rincon...
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby ChiSoxFan95 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:21 pm

Hey man this team is great! I hate to be redundant but I think there is truly only 1 "weakness" to this team which is the closing/pitching. But when push comes to shove you could actually get away with it. I would just check player/injury updates for any additional pickups. Nice job!
ChiSoxFan95
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team