Rate my team...just finished my draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team...just finished my draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Trojan Pony » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:04 am

For a 14-team league, that's a a very good offense. Love the outfield. Aside from Lackey, your pitching staff is a lot of question marks. Could wind up being great, could kill you. Good luck with that. If you do any trades maybe try to get a more reliable starter in there somewhere. And yeah, watch the closer market closely...check out the "2007 Closers" thread in the Leftovers section if you don't know about it already, check it daily.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goffchile » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:07 am

I agree for a 14 team league you have a very nice squad. You pitching staff has the possibility of becoming thin depending of Sheets and bullpen status, however, those things can be corrected throughout the season pretty easily if you are quick with the mouse.

good luck.
goffchile
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Don G. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:42 am

Yeah I realize the pitching staff is the weakest part. If the news out of Oakland and Milwaukee is true though, it doesn't appear that' will be for long. I'm anxious to see how it plays out. I took Colon in hopes he'll be effective when he returns but I can just as easily drop him if things don't work out.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The_Mega » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:51 am

to be copletely hoenest, i dont really like your pitching top to bottom. you seem to have the same problem i do..in that..a lot of you rpitchers have hugh monkeys on their back [injuries, young, new, unproven, etc]

your hitting is stellar tho..you should do very very well in the league.
Did i help you? please return the favor here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=259395
The_Mega Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mykedoc77 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:02 pm

14 teams and you got those picks...your league must not have the brightest bulbs in the bunch. Soriano that late is very suprising, but Holliday in the 3rd is just highway robbery.

To echo the rest, your RPs need some help, nothing the wire cant solve. You probably took Glaus maybe a round (or two the way they were drafting) too early. Outside of that, just sit back and watch them work!!!
Mykedoc77
mykedoc77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Don G. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:26 pm

I was thinking the same thing about Glaus. I dont' know if I took him to early. The problem was most of the other 3rd basemen were gone besides him and Scott Rolen. I took a chance on Glaus this year. I have Gordon as backup. I'll see how it goes but I don't rule out moving Glaus for some pitching help down the line. I'd like to see if he gets off to a fast start.
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mgblues » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:35 pm

Don,

Thanks for your help on mine. I appreciate it.

I really like your team overall, especially considering the depth of the league. You have great bats & good potential in your pitching staff. If the guys who are supposed to excel do so, you will be okay. If there are other guys out there with a little less potential but a more steady average stat line to add to your pitching staff, you may avoid the inevitable pitfalls of guys with something to prove. However, you've got a great foundation already.

I think Upton will be solid this year & he could add some terrific value. I think Shields could be huge for you considering the holds category. If my league valued holds, he'd be the 1st guy I'd look for in the draft. You did a good job.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TexasStampede » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:24 pm

Wow that was a very nice draft. I really like your OF trio. The only legit concern would be at RP but just monitor the WW for the inevitable closer turnover.

I'd appreciate your advice:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259864
TexasStampede
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shoelessjoetara » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:35 pm

You have a strong team for a 14 team mleague. Great pick with Soriano at # 10 . I am also in a14 team league . How did I do?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259318
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby saahil » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:38 pm

those are some strong picks, your pitching stuff looks pretty solid provided colon comes back strong and no one gets seriously injured, looks pretty good.
[url=http://gettingfreestuffiseasy.com//]Check out my Site on how to get stuff for free![/url]
saahil
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team