Possible replecemnent for TQ STats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Possible replecemnent for TQ STats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ragoczy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:02 am

Thanks bfdbuck for the discount info for CBS. I've been toying around with CBS to see if we want to use it as a replacement.

Sad, really. TQ could have just left well enough alone and saved themselves a lot of money and time developing the new crap and now losing customers. I can't see the new setup being a worthwhile replacement for those using Yahoo and ESPN.

Of course, just because I'm pissed off at them I'm going to do everything I can to make them jump through hoops to get things back as much as possible...before I cancel and get my money back! ;-D
We're only immortal for a limited time
Ragoczy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Another question for new service

Postby stealthrunner » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:47 am

We have the same problems as everyone else plus we are drafting late this year due to vacations and a couple of babies being born.

Can CBS or any other website retroactively add the stats from the beginning of the season if we draft on April 21? TQSTATS could do that before this upgrade, but that is no longer an option either.
stealthrunner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ragoczy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:25 pm

You should ask them. You would think so.

After looking at both CBS and Rotowire, I think we're going to go with Rotowire. Significantly cheaper and it does pretty much everything TQ did. CBS is 'prettier', but not pretty enough to make up the price difference. I talked to Rotowire and they were cool enough to let my league go from a 'trial' league to a 'test' league until the season starts so I could input players and see how everything works and looks.
Ragoczy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cryptic » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:47 pm

anyone have any luck getting a refund from TQ if they've already paid?

the new site is a mess and we'd like to switch as well
Cryptic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bfdbuck » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Ragoczy, thank you for the idea of the Rotoworld 'test' mode instead of trial. At least now I will see populated screens to compare with CBS.

Cryptic, here was the response I got from TQ (their new parent compant, FUN Technologies, started all this crap in the first place):

TQSTATS response:
xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting TQ Stats Customer Service. We will issue you a complete refund for your league purchase and deactivate your league. The refund should post to your credit card within 7-10 business days.

Please let us know if you have other questions.
bfdbuck
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bfdbuck » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:06 am

Update: I called Rotowire last night about expanding from the trial mode. Tim there answered the phone in about 3 seconds, was very helpful and set me up. I have since tested the site quite a bit and am very happy with the functionality of the commissioner service. I can think of very few things we had in TQ that they don't provide. I especially like the fact they are relishing this opportunity to service more customers in their core market. Very different approach than TQ took.

Not to mention I'm an old rotonews.com junkie!

I recommend you all check it out.
bfdbuck
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Ragoczy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:18 pm

Rotonews! My god, I almost forgot the infant stages of Rotowire, before they became a pay site.

I told Rotowire about TQ when I talked to them and they were already aware of the situation--apparently we're not the first to investigate migrating. I too got great customer service when I called them back asking about the message board--I didn't have the right setting so the board wasn't labelling the posts with the name of the person making the post. More than I can say for TQ, who seem very disinterested on the phone and haven't responded to either of my emails to their 'sportsdesk'. On the plus side, TQ finally brought back my archived league messages so I copied them real quick!
Ragoczy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby King David » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:40 pm

Here`s another vote for Rotowire...we do a Head to Head league with games running Monday-Thurs and then Friday- Sunday...TQ took away our ability to have a schedule like this, but Rotowire could do it...I also got good service over the phone...
King David
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby toledomudhens » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:11 pm

another funny thing about tq is when you send a trade offer to a team via the trade board, every team can see what you sent. i am not the commish of this league, but i defintly do not like tq anymore and am going to talk to my commish about rotowire..
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Sticky Spice » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:01 pm

WOW - this thread is an eye-opener.

We were forced to use TQ when our ultimate stat provider, USA Stats, sold out to All-Star Stats last year.

We rarely use the site in the offseason, but have already re-upped with them. I had noticed the new look, but I didn't realize the horrible changes. Can you guys confirm any of the following that I've either thought I've read from this thread, or I'm worried about losing the previous service:

- show contract year and salary on rosters
- commish able to make stats retroactive (our league drafts a week into the season)
- a screen that shows all the rosters at a glance
- PDF files of weekly reports

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel blindsided :*)
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner