Add BoSox to the list of teams I hate - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Add BoSox to the list of teams I hate

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Add BoSox to the list of teams I hate

Postby One More Beer » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:20 am

Teams like the Yankees and now the BoSox are what is ruining this game. It isn't about the WINNING anymore, it is all about BUYING the championship.

I pray to my God that both of these teams totally flop... For the good of the GAME.
One More Beer

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby shortsavage » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:39 am

See my signature for some comfort ;-) .

If buying a championship was so easy, the Mets should at least be able to stumble upon a playoff spot :-? . Also, according to your assertion, big market teams should claim the World Series every season !+) .

There is too much luck and momentum involved in the playoffs and regular season for a team to buy the baseball World Series B-) .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timkell » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:42 am

Geez, not this thread again.

Wah. Wah. Wah. :~(

And you even post as a guest. At least you could register when you bad mouth teams with no proof what you're saying is true.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortsavage » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:49 am

timkell wrote:Geez, not this thread again.

Wah. Wah. Wah. :~(

And you even post as a guest. At least you could register when you bad mouth teams with no proof what you're saying is true.

Yankee Doodle Dandy posts like this are only going to fuel the anger of the small market sports fans.

If you are going to attempt to defend the "Dark Side" at least do it with some dignity. Last time I checked "wah wahs" did not provide monumental strides in any arguements.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Siege1386 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:54 am

Just out of curosity, to the original poster.... Who is your favorite team?
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby DK » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:46 am

This subject has been stretched and screamed about so much it's not worth it to get into it again.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Add BoSox to the list of teams I hate

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:04 am

One More Beer wrote:Teams like the Yankees and now the BoSox are what is ruining this game. It isn't about the WINNING anymore, it is all about BUYING the championship.

I pray to my God that both of these teams totally flop... For the good of the GAME.

selig and the players union is what is ruining the game.

the yankees and boston are good for the game. why you ask? because they are trying to win. what are the brewers doing? what are the pirates doing? looks like they are trying to lose. and to make things worse the owners of these teams have everything backwards. you can see a decent return by way of year to year net income in the nfl and for select mlb teams. but generally speaking, if an mlb owner wants to see a return on investment it is through capital appreciation (i.e. invest in the team - the stadium, the players, and so on then sell the team in 20 or 30 years). that is how an owner makes money in mlb. this is not an opinion. this is a fact--contact any appraisal firm with experience appraising sports franchises (and as it so happens i actually have a small amount of experience in this area). most nfl teams have decent cash flow and some mlb ones too, but for the most part cash flows can vary dramatically from year to year for mlb teams. the best way to see a return is through appreciation, just like owning a home. you have to spend a little bit of money on it - give it a fresh coat of paint, finish the basement, make an addition. a house still costs you money even if the mortgage is paid off. but when you sell it, you usually recoup the investment and then some. that is what the owners of the pirates and brewers and others should be concentrating on. the fact that they are slashing payroll and trading players because they had an operating loss for one year really worries me. by that logic they will only have success if they fall ass backwards into it. how some of these owners ever got enough money to buy a team is beyond me. that is what is wrong with the game. that and 8 dollar beers.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby timkell » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:48 pm

If you are going to attempt to defend the "Dark Side" at least do it with some dignity.

I have in a million other threads, so I didn't really feel like getting into it again. But the main summary of the completely valid argument is "wah."
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:39 pm

Until the rules change, NY and Boston are playing by them. I don't like the rules myself, because there is no way all 30 teams can have 120 mil payrolls. You can call owners cheap all you want, but 120 mil just isn't going to fly in places like TB. Thats like asking for a fan to pay $30 for a beer. A owner's pocket deepness, doesn't dictate payroll. Expenses versus revenue do. I have never liked free agency. I suppose there are those who back Curt Flood. :-t But i think it really ruined the game.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby eftda » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:45 pm

kinda like the Bonds vs. pujols... and you guys said it was stupid.. oh and Bonds won ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers