Fantasy Ethics - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Ethics

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:16 pm

i might offer to cancel the trade but i wouldnt feel obligated to. i dont even feel obligated to make sure the other owner knows the player is injured (if he is injured before the trade). i wouldnt lie to him if he asked me but i dont feel its my responsibility if the other owner doesnt know or doesnt care to find out the status of players involved in trades. the situation would be different if i was the only person who knew the injury status, but if the injury status is public knowledge then i just operate under the assumption the other owner is aware of it.

as for after the fact injuries, i think once both sides accept the deal then it is done.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:26 pm

i dont even feel obligated to make sure the other owner knows the player is injured (if he is injured before the trade).

Agreeded. Last year, i proposed vlad for gagne. A day or two after Vlad's injury, it was accepted. It's not your fault that the other owner doesn't know what's going on.
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coke609 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:54 pm

Legally the trade stands.
How you feel about it is up to you.

I traded away Kile the before week hew passed away. My counterpart received exactly 1 start from him (a win) I believe,

We did not restructure the trade.

Last year I traded away AJ Burnett. A couple of weeks later he blew out his elbow.

Injuries, not death, are part of the game.

It is all apart of rolling the dice.
I would NEVER vote Pete Rose into the Hall Of Fame
coke609
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:i might offer to cancel the trade but i wouldnt feel obligated to. i dont even feel obligated to make sure the other owner knows the player is injured (if he is injured before the trade). i wouldnt lie to him if he asked me but i dont feel its my responsibility if the other owner doesnt know or doesnt care to find out the status of players involved in trades. the situation would be different if i was the only person who knew the injury status, but if the injury status is public knowledge then i just operate under the assumption the other owner is aware of it.

as for after the fact injuries, i think once both sides accept the deal then it is done.

I've seen people do that. Usually, it's the last trade that they make for the whole season. No one wants to trade with someone who knowingly trades away damaged goods.

Obviously, I stay aware of things like that, but ripping off someone who might have had a family emergency, or had a job problem, a sick child, etc. and wasn't able to keep up with the lastest news for a day or two, just isn't my style.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DK » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:09 pm

Last year I traded Ramirez and Lowe for Bonds, two days later he came down with an injury (Ramirez). The guy was in his first year and didn't know much baseball, so I offered to help him with his team. His team went from 9th to 5th.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers