This one matters ... I'm pretty excited about my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

This one matters ... I'm pretty excited about my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This one matters ... I'm pretty excited about my team

Postby MaggsIsMint » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Quite a competitive league that's getting better each year.

12 team, 6x6 H2H league with weekly roster changes. The stat categories added are TB for hitters and L for pitchers.

Here is my lineup coming out of the draft:

C- Barrett
1B- Fielder
2B- Kinsler
3B- A. Ramirez
SS- Reyes
OF- Holliday
OF- Damon
OF- Willingham
UTIL- Giambi
BN- Laroche

SP- Smoltz
SP- Matsuzaka
SP- Willis
RP- Nathan
RP- Isringhausen
P- Shields
P- Broxton
BN- Bedard, Bonser, A. Reyes

Here are my selections

1.4 Reyes
2.21 Holliday
3.28 A. Ramirez
4.45 J. Nathan
5.52 J. Damon
6.69 J. Smoltz
7.76 D. Matsuzaka
8.93 P. Fielder
9.100 D. Willis
10.117 J. Giambi
11.124 E. Bedard
12.141 J. Isringhausen
13.148 A. Laroche
14.165 M. Barrett
15.172 I. Kinsler
16.189 J. Willingham
17.196 A. Reyes
18.213 S. Shields
19.220 B. Bonser
20.237 J. Broxton

My thoughts and analysis

I'm very satisfied with my team and feel that I did quite well. I had targeted players for certain rounds before the draft and was able to come out of it with most of them. I think I have some very stable consistent producers in my core that I should be able to depend on week in and week out. I also like the upside I have with guys such as Kinsler, Fielder, Matsuzaka, etc. So overall I think I have a nice balance and should be able to seriously compete in each category every week.

Pitchers went like crazy in the third round as I kind of expected they would but I really wanted Webb. Instead I ended up taking Nathan, who I wasn't planning on but felt I couldn't resist in that spot. A lot of players went ridiculously high in this draft, especially C.C. Sabathia in round 6. Round 12 and on were very frustrating as players I wanted were getting snatched up IMMIDIATELY BEFORE MY PICK on numerous occasions. I just missed Barfield by 1 pick in the 12th and then Bush by 1 pick in the 13th.

What do you think? Is this team good enough to compete for the SHIP?

WHIR
MaggsIsMint
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBJSlash » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:08 pm

you definitely have a strong team.

Even though you held off on starters, I would say that is the strengths of your team, great depth.

You didn't get Utley so your 2B sucks.
CBJSlash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Thanks for the input on mine.

I'd say your team has good balance all around from a position and a statistical standpoint. You're probably leaning a little too much on Reyes and Nathan for steals and saves, respectively, but of course, you don't want to overstock in those categories in H2H. I like your starting pitching core, but it could prove to be flimsy if Matsuzaka is more or less a 4.00 ERA, somewhat improved version of Josh Beckett and if Willis is as inconsistent as '07. Bonser and Anthony Reyes are good upside choices, but I think Reyes is the most likely to live up to it this year although he'll need to cut down on giving up a lot of flyballs.

Your RP is quite good as long as it has Nathan anchoring things. Broxton is a great RP to have if nothing for the ratios if he doesn't promote to Saito's closing job whereas Shields would obviously be the man if K-Rod goes down, and K-Rod tends to have his little run-ins with injury.

As for your draft, I'd think it's fairly good, but personally wouldn't have reached on Nathan, unless he was the best option in the draft pool, which I somehow doubt.

At any rate, as the season progresses, you might want to ship off one of your three 1B's for upgrades. All three should produce ample power but are quite underrated in some leagues for the return that you'll get this preseason.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team