Whose head is deeper underground? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whose head is deeper underground?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whose head is deeper underground?

Pudge
20%
Millwood
80%

Total votes : 25

Postby kentx12 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:56 pm

They're both out of there mind. 8-o
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:16 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:It's amazing how much difference a year makes. Since then, 1 excellent year has passed but we still need to remember that no one wanted Pudge last year. He is also just 1 year removed from being considered an aging, injury-prone catcher.

I told everyone that Pudge would be fine last year. I had no doubts about it. :-)

I'm not doubting that. I am just saying that it's amazing how 1 year makes him go from a red-headed stepchild to a $50 million man.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:25 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:It's amazing how much difference a year makes. Since then, 1 excellent year has passed but we still need to remember that no one wanted Pudge last year. He is also just 1 year removed from being considered an aging, injury-prone catcher.

I told everyone that Pudge would be fine last year. I had no doubts about it. :-)

I'm not doubting that. I am just saying that it's amazing how 1 year makes him go from a red-headed stepchild to a $50 million man.

Funny isn't it. Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bell » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:40 pm

It'll be interesting to see if the Orioles sign Javy Lopez. Then where does that leave Pudge?
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:42 pm

bell wrote:It'll be interesting to see if the Orioles sign Javy Lopez. Then where does that leave Pudge?

Do I hear Atlanta? Pudge would be sweet in that lineup and they wouldn't have to worry about getting a big bat for the outfield. Pudge isn't Sheff, but he's no slouch.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bell » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:58 pm

Madison wrote:
bell wrote:It'll be interesting to see if the Orioles sign Javy Lopez. Then where does that leave Pudge?

Do I hear Atlanta? Pudge would be sweet in that lineup and they wouldn't have to worry about getting a big bat for the outfield. Pudge isn't Sheff, but he's no slouch.

Doesn't Atlanta have that catcher prospect they got from the Phillies who's supposed to be taking over in 2004?
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:07 pm

bell wrote:Doesn't Atlanta have that catcher prospect they got from the Phillies who's supposed to be taking over in 2004?

I'm not so sure that Estrada is ready yet.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby LBJackal » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:08 pm

And who was it they traded for him? Our favourite ostrich, Kevin Millwood :-D Yeah I think they'd like to give Johnny Estrada a chance, but you never know. Pudge wants a multiyear deal, and I don't see that happening in Atlanta. They have other priorities (pitching and an OF/1B). It'd be sweet if they moved Chipper to first; fantasy wise that is.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:21 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
bell wrote:Doesn't Atlanta have that catcher prospect they got from the Phillies who's supposed to be taking over in 2004?

Johnny's already 27. If he's not ready yet, he likely won't ever be. He's a good glove, weak bat type.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby DK » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:48 am

HOOTIE wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Johnny's already 27. If he's not ready yet, he likely won't ever be. He's a good glove, weak bat type.

Agreed. Although, you never know, he could learn some stuff and become good at 31 or so.... }:-)
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers