Stack O' Cash - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Stack O' Cash

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:20 am

I didn't realize that meth was that big internationally. My perception of a meth lab is a trailer. :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:00 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I didn't realize that meth was that big internationally. My perception of a meth lab is a trailer. :-B

the restriction on sales of pseudoephedrine (cold medicine) has severely crimped domestic meth production, but Mexico has easily and happily kept supply where it would be without the restrictions. Oh, and thanks to the restrictions that have put pseudoephedrine under lock and key behind the pharmacist's counter, companies have had to reformulate open-shelf cold medicine with phenylephrine instead, which even though it is FDA approved, doesn't really work.

So in the end, action by the govt has made no reduction in meth supply, made it more difficult to buy cold medicine, and has sanctioned ineffective alternatives. Awesome. jerks. :-t
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:56 am

You guys do realize that there was probably $206 million before the pic, right?

:-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:18 am

RugbyD wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I didn't realize that meth was that big internationally. My perception of a meth lab is a trailer. :-B

the restriction on sales of pseudoephedrine (cold medicine) has severely crimped domestic meth production, but Mexico has easily and happily kept supply where it would be without the restrictions. Oh, and thanks to the restrictions that have put pseudoephedrine under lock and key behind the pharmacist's counter, companies have had to reformulate open-shelf cold medicine with phenylephrine instead, which even though it is FDA approved, doesn't really work.

So in the end, action by the govt has made no reduction in meth supply, made it more difficult to buy cold medicine, and has sanctioned ineffective alternatives. Awesome. jerks. :-t

I still believe that the meth problem surfaced after the "war on drugs" went after pot smugglers and college students, which caused the price to go up and the availability to go down leading certain people to take on a considerably cheaper, and deadly alternative.... meth. And now that it's harder to get pseudoephedrine int he US, they're just importing it from Mexico and overseas while I have to wait in line at the pharmacy counter for my allergy medicine.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk