Freddy Sanchez..Is he really Ok? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Freddy Sanchez..Is he really Ok?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Freddy Sanchez..Is he really Ok?

Postby kemper5 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:07 am

Been out since March 6th and initally he was supposed to be back in a "couple days" according to Jim Tracy, then a "couple more days"..Hmmm, it's going to be 2 weeks soon, and they keep giving the comment of he will be playing pretty soon..I think this injury to his knee may be more serious as the days pile up..Sanchez only has a few AB's this spring (6 I believe) I drafted Sanchez extremely late to basically sit on my bench and do spot starts, but am a little concerned..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:10 am

Probably just slower to heal than originally thought. It's only ST, so why risk it?

If it were the regular season, I'm sure he could play.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indiana Juice » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:35 pm

They are just resting him and bringing him back slow, you see this how many times with ST...this guy is good and has young knees...count on him
Indiana Juice
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Domi » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:01 am

If you drafted him late and he is sitting on the bench, you can afford to be patient. I've done that too. I dont get worked up about crap in ST unless it rolls over into when the games count.
Domi Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:12 am

I think they are taking it slowly with him...as someone else said, if it were the regular season I think he'd be in there.

Latest update:

Infielder Freddy Sanchez, last year's NL batting champion, continues to progress from the sprained right knee ligament he injured March 6 and should return to the lineup by the middle of next week.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Freddy Sanchez..Is he really Ok?

Postby Tommy John » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:38 am

This is an old post to bump but I thought the title was fitting.

Sanchez has been very solid is the second half since getting regular playing time in '05. Does anyone have any insight on whether Freddy is injured, or whether he is just playing poorly. Rotoworld mentioned that his shoulder may be of some concern. His average is a brutal .226 right now and he has been dropped in my 16 team keeper league. Could use that kind of average and rbi production in the second half. Any thoughts?

Second half numbers:
'05 - .306 4/20/2 (HR/RBI/SB)
'06 - .329 1/36/2
'07 - .313 9/49/0
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kab21 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:17 pm

I don't think he's worth picking up. He's performing well below his first half career numbers so what makes you think he can put up his career 2nd half numbers. He has shown zero signs of breaking out his slump. I don't think his shoulder surgery went as well as planned this past offseason.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Tommy John » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:14 pm

I never said I thought he would produce his usual second half numbers. What I know is that he is performing well under career norm and he has some shoulder issues. To what extent the shoulder issue is contributing to his poor play is what I wonder. I have never had shoulder problems so I am not sure of the affects it may have, obviously wrist injuries are a real problem, but it seems to me that guys have the ability to play through shoulder injuries without causing major damage to their production, especially in terms of batting average.

I wonder if the shoulder will build strength (all star break?), or if he needs more time to build strength (or surgery) in which this season's numbers will be irrelevant?

Could be a great buy low candidate, or he could be crap, and the difference is huge since he is a career .313 hitter ('05 - '07 400+ ABs)
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers