Did anybody just catch Fox News ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Did anybody just catch Fox News ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:53 pm

You mean that Balco was actually doing something wrong? ;-7

Gee, I had no idea. ;-7
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:00 pm

bell wrote:
wrveres wrote:well basically, he claimed, that Balco was providing nutritional supplements specifally designed for the individual athlete from their own Blood samples. Everybody already knows that. But the supplements were in a tablet form with many things inside, vitamens, nutrients and the such and in some cases even THG. He claimed that the athletes didn't know it was in there cus nobody new its existed .... Basically he was selling tainted vitamens.


I personally don't buy the claim of being oblivious to the fact that there was a steroid in the vitamin. The agent's just doing his job of saving face (of the players', that is).


Agreed the agent is doing his job. But it is also important to understand, This will be the 'line' that 'All' of the athletes will take. The Feds are after Balco, not the athletes.

So,
We will never know ...
Me? .. I "presumme" innocence ... until I see the 'cork'
apparently you "presuume" guilt based upon heresay.
:-o
Also, I have yet to see this uncontrollable 'Roid Rage' that is so popular.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 671)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:04 pm

Madison wrote:You mean that Balco was actually doing something wrong? ;-7

Gee, I had no idea. ;-7



Lmao! :-D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby bell » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:07 pm

wrveres wrote:So,
We will never know ...
Me? .. I "presumme" innocence ... until I see the 'cork'
apparently you "presuume" guilt based upon heresay.
:-o
Also, I have yet to see this uncontrollable 'Roid Rage' that is so popular.


That's right that's right. Make me out to be Lee J. Cobb from Twelve Angry Men. What's that boy!?! Innocent ya say? :-t
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1694
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stumbling along the AZ/WI border

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:16 pm

bell wrote:That's right that's right. Make me out to be Lee J. Cobb from Twelve Angry Men. What's that boy!?! Innocent ya say? :-t


LMAO ..... never, bell. B-)


and yes, Innocent. :-°
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 671)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bell » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:21 pm

wrveres wrote:
bell wrote:That's right that's right. Make me out to be Lee J. Cobb from Twelve Angry Men. What's that boy!?! Innocent ya say? :-t


LMAO ..... never, bell. B-)


and yes, Innocent. :-°

;)
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1694
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stumbling along the AZ/WI border

Postby bell » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:50 pm

shortsavage wrote:Thanks wveres.

The Padres are close enough to $50 million. I think they are inbetween $50 and $60 million off the top of my head. Remember, their starting pitching staff is signed to relitively small contracts, making Giles, Klesko, Nevin and Hoffman the bulk of their payroll.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... &year=2003

Of course that doesn't include trades dating all the way back to Giles. And Hoffman resigned for quite a bit lower, didn't he? Some nice flexibility...
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1694
Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stumbling along the AZ/WI border

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:58 pm

bell wrote:
shortsavage wrote:Thanks wveres.

The Padres are close enough to $50 million. I think they are inbetween $50 and $60 million off the top of my head. Remember, their starting pitching staff is signed to relitively small contracts, making Giles, Klesko, Nevin and Hoffman the bulk of their payroll.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball ... &year=2003

Of course that doesn't include trades dating all the way back to Giles. And Hoffman resigned for quite a bit lower, didn't he? Some nice flexibility...


that was last years .... Thanks ... Hoffman did sign for lower and as soon as we get rid of Long and Jarvis .... things will be looking even better ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 671)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:03 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... /BALCO.TMP

Sources said many athletes had testified that Conte provided them with drugs he called "the clear" and "the cream." The clear was the designer steroid tetrahydrogestrinone (THG), which was believed to be taken orally. The cream was a testosterone lotion that was rubbed onto the body.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:10 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... /BALCO.TMP

Sources said many athletes had testified that Conte provided them with drugs he called "the clear" and "the cream." The clear was the designer steroid tetrahydrogestrinone (THG), which was believed to be taken orally. The cream was a testosterone lotion that was rubbed onto the body.


I read that this morning too ... Those were the supplements ... The tablets ..

I know all of you fans have seen players taking these "tablets" during the game. Not necassarily "Balco's" tablets but I know I've seen many players take their ... 'Vitamens' during a game ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 671)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], unioreimi and 14 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact