The Orioles are going to try to get................ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Orioles are going to try to get................

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:38 pm

I would actually love for the Mets to improve and be good again. I'm serious.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moose » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:00 am

They do have a plan guys. But they wont be contenders for at least 3 years.

And buy the way, come July Steinbrenner is going to wish he had the Mets farm system so he could trade the big chips away for more multi-millionaires to ride his bench.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kentx12 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:33 am

If Glavine has another year like last year he will be part of the Mets farm system. :-b :-b :-b

This is coming from a Braves fan. Hope he never wins another game.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby shortsavage » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:02 am

Looking at their 2003 payroll, Baltimore appears to be an AL Minime of the Mets :-o . Similar to the Mets, you would hope that Baltimore will be more careful with their money in the future.

Tejada could actually contribute the most bang for the buck (compared to Vlad and Javy) :-? .

Although Baltimore may be able to afford signing Tejada and Vlad or Javy, they need to do something about their pitching staff. And, I am curious if Greg Maddux's preference for a specialty catcher over Javy is any kind of representation for how Javy works with his pitching staff.

Furthermore, do you really want a guy who intends to make switching to 1b a contractual must for his new team working with a group of pitchers who are mostly under the age of 30 :-? ?
Last edited by shortsavage on Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:13 am

moose wrote:They do have a plan guys. But they wont be contenders for at least 3 years.

And buy the way, come July Steinbrenner is going to wish he had the Mets farm system so he could trade the big chips away for more multi-millionaires to ride his bench.

Wait a minute.......
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby wrveres » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:07 am

Lofunzo wrote: You've got to be kidding, right? ... ...
In all seriousness, while I understand your frustration, I think that you should direct it to your team's leadership. They don't know whether they want to follow the Yankees lead or do a rebuild. Then, they always get the Appiers and Camerons of the world. They really need a plan and stick to it.

I'll kick a ditto up here . ;-D .. That has to be the worst run team in the last 10 years. I could grab the average fan off the street and they could win with a 100 million budget. I'm curious, having never been to Shea ... A) do they have an owners box? B) Is the owner ever in it? ... He couldn't be ... who can sit through that ...
they are just awful ... and will be for a while too ... They are not out of this mess anytime soon either... :-t :-t .. .. .. IMHO
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 732)

Postby swingaway » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:00 am

Heres some more info about vlad and baltimore
got this from mlb.com

As their division rivals continue to make news, the Orioles are preparing a contract offer for Guerrero. Expos president Tavares said that the Expos made an offer to Guerrero but the proposal was taken off the table right after the World Series. "We made a very substantial offer to him twice before the season ended and really did not receive any kind of response other than, 'We want to see what the market has to offer.' As a result of that, we ended up pulling our offer right after the World Series," Tavares said. "I don't think we are a player at this point in time."
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers