The Orioles are going to try to get................ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Orioles are going to try to get................

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby moose » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:19 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
DK wrote:What? The Orioles want two out of three players? They're not the Yankees, they can't get everyone they want! :D

And they're not the Mets so they can't get everyone's 2nd tier leftovers! :-D
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:22 pm

If Javy signs with the O's how will that affect his fantasy value??

Oh, nevermind I forgot he will be gone way before I would touch him next year. :-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:30 pm

kentx12 wrote:If Javy signs with the O's how will that affect his fantasy value??

Oh, nevermind I forgot he will be gone way before I would touch him next year. :-D

Same here. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moose » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:43 pm

moose wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
DK wrote:What? The Orioles want two out of three players? They're not the Yankees, they can't get everyone they want! :D

At least the Mets dont spend 175 million only to lose the world series to a team with less than half our payroll. :-D
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:45 pm

moose wrote:
moose wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

At least the Mets dont spend 175 million only to lose the world series to a team with less than half our payroll. :-D

Haha zinger! :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kentx12 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:47 pm

moose wrote:
moose wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

As Kelso would say

BURN!!! ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:49 pm

moose wrote:
moose wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

At least the Yankees made the playoffs, unlike some other NY team that spent over 85 grand to finish with the 2nd worst record in the NL :-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:06 pm

moose wrote:
moose wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

You've got to be kidding, right? You gotta be in it to win it. You would love for the Mets to have an owner that spent money. Since the Yankees payroll is too high for your blood, then I guess that you would be against the Mets signing Vlad or trading for A-Rod, right?

In all seriousness, while I understand your frustration, I think that you should direct it to your team's leadership. They don't know whether they want to follow the Yankees lead or do a rebuild. Then, they always get the Appiers and Camerons of the world. They really need a plan and stick to it.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby kentx12 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:24 pm

Lofunzo wrote:

You've got to be kidding, right? You gotta be in it to win it. You would love for the Mets to have an owner that spent money. Since the Yankees payroll is too high for your blood, then I guess that you would be against the Mets signing Vlad or trading for A-Rod, right?

In all seriousness, while I understand your frustration, I think that you should direct it to your team's leadership. They don't know whether they want to follow the Yankees lead or do a rebuild. Then, they always get the Appiers and Camerons of the world. They really need a plan and stick to it.[/quote]

Why you talk bad about the Mets. They will be fine this year. Has it slipped your mind, They have a superstar returning.

Big Mo :-b
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:33 pm

Madison wrote:
ukjohn wrote:
Madison wrote:It did surprise me that Pudge wasn't on their list. They've always been interested in him. :-?

he's going to Florida

Um, no.

Ivan Rodriguez - C - Florida Marlins Dec 5

The two-year contract the Marlins have offered Ivan Rodriguez is worth just $14 million, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.
Although there isn't a big market for him, Pudge will certainly be able to do better than this elsewhere. The Marlins window to negotiate with Rodriguez expires this weekend. Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

He won't be a Marlin next year unless they severly increase that offer, and I don't see it happening.

And another update that says no:

Ivan Rodriguez - C - Florida Marlins Dec 5

Agent Scott Boras countered Florida's two-year, $14 million offer to Ivan Rodriguez with a four-year, $40 million proposal.
Yeah, that'll happen. "They brought him to Florida at a wage of $10 million," Boras said, "and following a season of world championship play and leadership, he made the decision today to let the Marlins know that despite the fact that his teammates got increases, he was willing to accept a contract where his salary remained the same and he would take the same term of years Mike Lowell received. He was willing to be flexible about how the money was to be paid out during the contract." The Marlins appear set to part ways with Pudge and go with Ramon Castro and Mike Redmond behind the plate
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers