Nomar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nomar

Postby L0rdB23 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:41 am

According to Rotoworld:

If the Red Sox are able to acquire Alex Rodriguez for Manny Ramirez, they might turn around and send Nomar Garciaparra to Los Angeles for Kevin Brown.
This just keeps on getting better and better. It's probably more likely that Nomar would be traded to Anaheim for David Eckstein or Adam Kennedy and prospects if the A-Rod deal goes down, but maybe Brown would be a possibility even though that would mean that the Red Sox would be adding close to $10 million in payroll for next season after both swaps. First the A-Rod deal needs to take place. ESPN's Tim Kurkjian said there was a 50-50 chance of it happening.
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:48 am

The Sox WILL NOT SWAP Arod for Brown. I guarantee it. They're not going to take on Arod's salary and turn around and dump Nomar's salary to take back $10 mill. Nope. Not gonna happen.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:26 pm

Now that is a wild rumor. I don't see that happening either.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:09 am

Madison wrote:Now that is a wild rumor. I don't see that happening either.


I agree.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby Greenrider » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:32 am

Transmogrifier wrote:The Sox WILL NOT SWAP Arod for Brown. I guarantee it. They're not going to take on Arod's salary and turn around and dump Nomar's salary to take back $10 mill. Nope. Not gonna happen.


oh come now, I think we can put up with breaking the luxury tax threshold for one season of a Pedro-Schilling-K. Brown-Lowe top 4. :-b

man...now that would make for some fun playoff series. and it would probably make wrveres bust a vein in his forehead with his west coast laid-back rage, so I guess maybe we shouldn't. ;-)
Greenrider
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 305
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:08 pm

Jeez...no way.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Arlo » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:01 pm

Seems like LA is very interested in this scenario. As to Boston... :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8847
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cheap Seats

Postby L0rdB23 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:27 pm

the newest reports im readin are that boston will most likely deal nomar for odalis or washburn assuming that they do the manny for arod deal.. then in turn they would deal washburn or odalis for a hitter either an OFer or a thirdbaseman and move mueller to second.. according to rotoworld they would like to obtain glaus from the halos but hes about 2 mil more then they wanna spend.. i hope this arod deal does happen .. im not a red sox fan but what the hell could king george do to counter this one??
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

Postby Jivedude » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:00 pm

L0rdB23 wrote:the newest reports im readin are that boston will most likely deal nomar for odalis or washburn assuming that they do the manny for arod deal.. then in turn they would deal washburn or odalis for a hitter either an OFer or a thirdbaseman and move mueller to second.. according to rotoworld they would like to obtain glaus from the halos but hes about 2 mil more then they wanna spend.. i hope this arod deal does happen .. im not a red sox fan but what the hell could king george do to counter this one??


Then George would have to sign Colon and Guerrero as well as get Pettitte resigned!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1517
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1930's Germany

Postby DK » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:10 pm

Jivedude wrote:
L0rdB23 wrote:the newest reports im readin are that boston will most likely deal nomar for odalis or washburn assuming that they do the manny for arod deal.. then in turn they would deal washburn or odalis for a hitter either an OFer or a thirdbaseman and move mueller to second.. according to rotoworld they would like to obtain glaus from the halos but hes about 2 mil more then they wanna spend.. i hope this arod deal does happen .. im not a red sox fan but what the hell could king george do to counter this one??


Then George would have to sign Colon and Guerrero as well as get Pettitte resigned!


George could sign the entire free agent pool. See: http://www.theonion.com/onion3904/yankees.html
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact