Rangers unveil new uniforms - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Texas Rangers

Rangers unveil new uniforms

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rangers unveil new uniforms

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:16 am

By Mark Wright / Special to MLB.com wrote:link ...
The Texas Rangers should have an easier time standing the heat starting next season.

The ballclub on Thursday afternoon at The Ballpark in Arlington unveiled the team's first major uniform change since 2001 -- the addition of a sleeveless white jersey that will be worn as an alternate home top.

The new jersey, which is the first sleeveless uniform in the club's 31-year history, features blue piping on the front and a red block T with a white and blue shadow. Player names and numbers are in blue with a red outline. Players will wear long- or short-sleeved blue T-shirts underneath the jersey.

The club also announced that all the home uniforms would now feature blue trim to the white pants, and names and numbers will be outlined in red instead of black. The home uniforms will also include blue belts and shoes.

"There's one thing the players have asked us to do that we couldn't do until we got a design we liked and that was get a sleeveless jersey," Rangers president Michael Cramer said. "In the middle of the summer here it gets a little warmer than it does in most of the United States."

The new Rangers alternate home jerseys are available at the Majestic Grand Slam Gift Shop at The Ballpark. The first 10 fans to purchase the sleeveless jerseys will receive a free Texas Rangers 10-ticket pack, which includes 10 vouchers for Upper Reserved seats good for any 2004 home game.

Cramer said the sleeveless uniforms would help players stay cool and comfortable. Without the sleeves, the jerseys actually feel lighter and give the players an improved range of motion, he said.

Cramer said the sleeveless jerseys are the last step in a uniform overhaul that began when the team went from red caps and numbers back to the blue caps and numbers the team featured from its first season in 1972 until The Ballpark in Arlington opened in 1994.

"The players have asked for a sleeveless uniform for four or five years," Cramer said. "We were trying to stagger out the changes. This is the last part of that."

The new jersey is not just for special occasions. The Rangers could stick with the sleeveless look during hot weather and wear the regular white jersey or the all-blue alternate jersey in the cooler weather of April and September, Cramer said.

Outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix were on hand to model the new threads. And each gave the new look a thumbs up.

"Just walking down the hallways without the sleeves makes it lighter especially when it gets as hot as anything in July and August," Mench said. "I'm surprised they haven't gone to this earlier. You guys know how hot it gets."

Nix said it was his first chance to admire the jerseys.

"They're a lot different, and I'm still getting used to it," he said. "I'm still looking down the sides. I like them so far."
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:00 am

Nice to see them in blue again ;-D . I'm not a fan of the switch to red.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:52 pm

I like the sleeveless uniforms..... ;-D

and I do like the blue better than the red too..... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DK » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:30 pm

What kind of fantasy impact will this have next season? :b
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eftda » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:21 am

seems like they get a new uniform every other year... :-?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Texas Rangers