Dead Mouse Found in BBQ Chips - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dead Mouse Found in BBQ Chips

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:50 pm

Well I think the assumption is that the bag was sealed at the time of purchase. So if you believe the kid's story than it's probably pretty easy to tell the exact plant and line the bag came from with technology today. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:14 pm

I'm skeptical about it; this is a rare if not almost non-existent occurrence. Frito-Lay is a multi-billion corporation. They know letting a mouse get into a bag of chips would be horrible for business.

It sounds like the guy who found the finger in the Wendy's chili, and everyone made a big deal about it talking about how Wendy's sucks and that fast food places are dirty cesspools of filth (which they are, but not to this degree). And then, of course, it comes out the finger came from the guy's co-worker and he and his wife used to grab a quick buck because WE ALL KNOW that suing a multi-billion dollar corporation is perhaps the easiest way to get a buck these days.

This is a BS story as of now. I read the news stories and apparently they "seem credible." Well I'm not taking some kid's word for it because everyone took that crazy old lady's word for it when it came to the finger in the chili. This is the same thing. The quality control on these things are beyond comprehension. Frito-Lay has automation in place to prevent a grain of sand from getting into their bags of chips, let alone a dead animal. I don't believe for one second.

I think it's made up until I hear some conclusive evidence.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:27 am

wait a second.... wouldnt you definitely feel a weight change in terms of a mouse INSIDE of a bag of chips? im also assuming that this bag of fritos was the $.25 variety? do you know how small a bag of $.25 fritos are? MUCH smaller than your average bag of chips. either way, it should have been stopped way before someone OPENED the bag of chips. the kid definitely shouldnt get anything for it. maybe frito lay can hook him up with a few cases of chips and some t-shirts or something but definitely not any money.

ps. mice LOVE chips, especially cheese curls. ive worked at several delis and each time whenever there were traces of a mouse, there were ALWAYS holes bitten into the chip bags. so if you ever pick up a bag of chips and there a small hole it in, its not a rip, its a bite mark :-[

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:54 am

If Frito-Lay gives this kid anything, they're acknowledging even the possibility that it may be true that they let a mouse in a bag of chips. The weight thing is an excellent point; these bags of chips are filled, packaged and shipped by weight.

Just to show how urban legends transcend facts, here is a list of food contamination stories you may have heard:

-Semen from HIV+ men found in food/restaurnts/pizza deliveries/ketchup bottles

-"Mayonnaise" on chicken sandwich actually pus from tumor

-Girl's salivary glands become infested with roach eggs after consuming contaminated taco

-Human finger found in Wendy's chili

-Urine found in steak after consumer falls ill

-Chicken head found in box of McNuggets

Now, here's what they all have in common... they're all BS except the chicken head which may be true because McDonald's is filthy and it's still under investigation (the woman will pose for photos with the head but isn't letting a professional examine it....).

In any case, the "I found a ______ in my ______!" stories almost always turn out to be false. I don't even think the kid is after money, I just think he was making a prank to gross out his friends.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sox 06 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:58 am

I am too a bit skeptical of this story. Those bags weigh almost nothing so if there was some part of anything foreign in there, a person would know.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby RugbyD » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:15 am

mice aren't exactly made of lead. If the mouse somehow found its way into the assembly line, it could have been dumped in the bag with a few chip and passed weight just fine.

If it was alive when it went in the bag, there would be droppings everywhere in there. If it was dead when it went in the bag it would have to be an employee dropping it on the assembly line or complete BS.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:42 am

Madison wrote:SUE! SUE! SUE!

:-b

My thoughts exactly!! :-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:53 am

Madison wrote:SUE! SUE! SUE!

:-b

lmao " I sued the airlines because I bought a ticket to New Jersey and it sucked"
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby thedude » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:
In any case, the "I found a ______ in my ______!" stories almost always turn out to be false.

I really did find non-sour skittles in my sour skittle package. ;-D

Not gross, not a big deal, I did not care and i still ate both kinds, just better qualitity control would have prevented it.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby denicola_dominates » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:39 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I don't understand people who get upset about this kind of thing. If I found a mouse in a bag of chips I'd take the bag back to where I found it, tell them there was a dead mouse in there, ask for a new bag and call it a day.

lol i could understand maybe a fly or spider i mean thats nothing big but a dead animal that might have diseases and stuff like that you know what i emean but different strokes for different folks i guess ;-D
"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical." -Yogi Berra

denicola_dominates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk