Dead Mouse Found in BBQ Chips - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dead Mouse Found in BBQ Chips

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:21 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I don't see why they should get something. If they ate a bag of chips that made them really sick then give them something, but I highly doubt finding a mouse in a bag of chips will traumatize the kid for the rest of his life. It is pretty gross though.

When I was in grade school, I bit halfway into a Reece's Peanut Butter cup (the big kind) to find that I wasn't eating peanut butter and chocolate. Oh no. I was eating worm and it's egg sack (or something like that). Half of the worm was all wiggling and writhing...

I didn't throw up or anything. I just put the candy - worm and all - in a ziploc bag and took it home. My parents didn't do anything about it because they were friends with the owner of the store where they bought the candy.

To this day, though, I always break my candy open before biting into it.

Something like that never leaves you. X-I
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Dead Mouse Found in BBQ Chips

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:23 pm

Wood said the school district has temporarily pulled all chips from its vending machines and lunch lines.

This makes no sense to me. Why not just feel each bag of chips?

It's not like we're talking about a roach here.

:-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Well if a mouse got in one bag he was probably pissing on the chips that went in the other bags. :-D

Now that's probably the case anyway with all chips but I could see how it would be unsettling to have the fact shoved in your face.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:55 pm

Amazinz wrote:Now that's probably the case anyway with all chips but I could see how it would be unsettling to have the fact shoved in your face.

lmao... I knew there was a good reason I didn't like chips.

:-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:00 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:I don't see why they should get something. If they ate a bag of chips that made them really sick then give them something, but I highly doubt finding a mouse in a bag of chips will traumatize the kid for the rest of his life. It is pretty gross though.

When I was in grade school, I bit halfway into a Reece's Peanut Butter cup (the big kind) to find that I wasn't eating peanut butter and chocolate. Oh no. I was eating worm and it's egg sack (or something like that). Half of the worm was all wiggling and writhing...

I didn't throw up or anything. I just put the candy - worm and all - in a ziploc bag and took it home. My parents didn't do anything about it because they were friends with the owner of the store where they bought the candy.

Ew. 8-o I can understand you getting something for that, but it's not like the kid bit into the mouse. If he did then he should get something (but in a bag of chips you'd know if you were picking up a mouse instead of a chip, and probably wouldn't eat it. :*) )
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:19 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
thedude wrote:When will these companies get more careful of how they package their food products? The other day i found regular Skittles in a package of Sour Skittles i purchased from a vending machine. %-6

That's absolutely disgusting. :-P :-t

Those monsters :,-(
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:46 pm

A mouse in a bag of chips? Shocking. ;-7

There is no way Frito Lay will ever narrow it down to where the mouse came from. I don't even see how something like this found its way onto the news. The mouse could have gotten in the bag at the school, on the Frito Lay truck, at the Frito Lay warehouse in the town near the school, or any of several other places on the way.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:A mouse in a bag of chips? Shocking. ;-7

There is no way Frito Lay will ever narrow it down to where the mouse came from. I don't even see how something like this found its way onto the news. The mouse could have gotten in the bag at the school, on the Frito Lay truck, at the Frito Lay warehouse in the town near the school, or any of several other places on the way.

If the bag was sealed then it narrows it down quite a bit.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRock » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:00 pm

StlSluggers wrote:

Only thing worse than biting into something and seeing a worm is biting into something and seeing half a worm. :-P
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:48 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:A mouse in a bag of chips? Shocking. ;-7

If the bag was sealed then it narrows it down quite a bit.

It doesn't say anything about a sealed bag. :-?
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk