Big Money League!! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Big Money League!! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Money League!! WHIR

Postby sublime8414 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:34 pm

12 teams re-draft H2h 6x6 Holds and OPS.

Made a few roster moves updated roster is down further

I had the #5 pick, and Soriano fell to me, so I felt obligated to take him, even thuogh I expect some regression. I feel decent about my team, but it definitely needs some tweaking. Be very critical and leave a link.

C Russell Martin
1B Prince Fielder
2B Orlando Hudson
3B Garrett Atkins
SS Raphael Furcal
CI Adrian Gonzalez
MI Jose Lopez
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Lance Berkman
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Nick Markakis
OF Jeff Francouer
UTIL F. Thomas
Bench BJ Upton

SP Bench Sheets
SP C. Schilling
SP Cole Hamels
SP Andy Pettitte
SP Kelvim Escobar
SP Anthony Reyes
SP Greg Maddux
SP Ian Snell
RP Fransisco Rodriguez
RP JJ Putz
RP Pat Neshek

I am hoping upton gains MI Elig that would help quite a lot, and since the league is setup in yahoo it shouldn't take much.
Last edited by sublime8414 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Invictus » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:43 pm

Let me first off thank you for the help on mine - most insightful advice i've recieved so far - I hope I can provide some insight as well.

Although I like the offense in general (you've got a few of my favorite options in Lopez and Ibanez), I also have to say your banking on a lot. no doubt many will argue with me on this, I'm still not sold that Fielder and Markakis are going to impress as much as is hyped. Even so, The offense looks solid enough.

The Pitching staff looks much more rounded however --- two proven closers, and reyes should be a good source of holds. (Bench Sheets... cute ;-).) If i were you I would see if you can't lock up another holds guy for a disposable part... see if you can't get a few nibbles by dangling maddux out there. I doubt that it will attract much attention, but it's worth a shot. I've not played nearly enough leagues that include ops and holds to be any authority on it, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Thanks again and good luck this season!
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

team

Postby tnazz13 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:46 pm

SP and closers are solid...only suggestion there is possibly package two starters for a sure thing there are alot of risky guys there but still solid....Offense is good only thing i would look for is a possible sleeper at 2nd cause the Odawg isnt gonna bring much to the plate other than that nice job

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=258557
tnazz13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AEMRICH » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:33 pm

you could use an upgrade at 2B i can't stand Orlando Hudson, i like his glove in real baseball but offensively not crazy about him. If Upton plays he will be nice to have as a flex and should provide 20-30 sb's and 15 hr's. I think health is the key to your SP, if they stay healthy they should be awesome. Kelvim Escobar i think will have a nice year, my predictions 180 IP 14-8 3.4 ERA 1.27 WHIP, and 150-165 K's which is worthy of being a second starter. K-rod is nice as a closer but Putz is having an MRI, consider adding depth at closer, Johnathan Broxton???? but i like your team. I am sold on fielder very much so, i like markakis but am not as sold. could use some help with mine
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=258633
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby scrotum » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:03 pm

Good team. Berkman, Atkins, and a couple others will help your OPS. Soriano is an OPS nightmare (career .835). I think you realized that when you took him. If I were you, I'd trade Soriano and Pettite in a 2x2 for a stud OPS, and stud SP. If you can get them to throw in an upgrade at another position, more the better.
scrotum
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:13 pm

preety decent team. You have a solid offense and pitching staff. Upton is the only question mark for me. He will be a solid player in the future,I just dont see it happening this year.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259318
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mykedoc77 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:19 pm

I am loving your OF, man bruh you landed some heat. Ibanez, Markakis, and Francouer as a group will give you some serious numbers. I have Fielder on my squad too, had to get him.

2B is kind of weak, but outside of that you have a contending team. Your SPs are pretty good. Im not big on Maddux, but he may be worth the pick when he gets healthy.
Mykedoc77
mykedoc77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jimmy103 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:28 pm

Great offense, very well balanced
Pitching looks nice too
I like Sheets and Hamels, I think the Phillies and Brewers will be making playoff pushes this year and a lot of their success will be due to those two studs
Schilling and Pettitte should be good for some consistent starts and wins
Nice team!

Tell me what you think:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=259455
Win 2 more and then we'll talk.
Jimmy103
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Nice team. VERY risky SPs. I love Sheets. But he does have the injury history. I think he'll be fine though. But teaming him with a bunch of other injury cases may be suicide. All of your top 5 SPs have injury concerns. And Putz in your BP is injured right now. I'd try to get some RP help from someone for Schilling. Then you alleviate some of the injury concern and upgrade a position of need.

Hitters look pretty good. If Upton can grab 2b and play well you should do very well. Not sold on Fielder or Markakis to be starting. But alot of people are so you should be fine.

If Thomas can stay healthy he's going to be a beast in the TO lineup. Of course with that turf who knows if he will.

It's one of those lineups that if everything goes right you will probably win with ease. But the wheels could fall off at any time.

Also, Berkman fell way too low in an OPS league.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sublime8414 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:18 pm

Updated roster:

I traded Prince fielder and K-rod for F. Cordero and Jason Bay.

Added Jorge Julio and dropped neshek

C Russell Martin
1B Lance Berkman
2B Orlando Hudson
3B Garrett Atkins
SS Raphael Furcal
CI Adrian Gonzalez
MI Jose Lopez
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Jason Bay
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Nick Markakis
OF Jeff Francouer
UTIL F. Thomas
Bench BJ Upton

SP Bench Sheets
SP C. Schilling
SP Cole Hamels
SP Andy Pettitte
SP Kelvim Escobar
SP Anthony Reyes
SP Greg Maddux
SP Ian Snell
RP Fransisco Cordero
RP JJ Putz
RP Jorge Julio

I obviously still need some hold guys, but I like all my sp, so I'm going to see who struggles and then drop guys from there.[/i]
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team