qqqqqqqqqqqq - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadxor » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 am

I'm lucky enough to have a dad who has worked at the number #1 regional broadcasting station in the country, and has been such for a number years. It's WWL-TV down here in New Orleans. I'm a desk assitant, much like an intern, and I answer phones and rip scripts. It's great, but I'm currently here at 12:50 AM on a saturday night because some dip' skipped his shift. SOL I guess.

I'm currently a sophomore (should be a junior, but Katrina screwed me up) majoring in print journalism (though I want to go into production and eventually work somewhere behind the camera. Loyola, my school, cut my my broadcast com major so unfortunately i'm stuck with this).

Let me just say that you should take the news job and run with it. Don't even think twice about the drive or the other jobs. Getting a play by play gig is something WAAAAY down the line for you, and shouldn't be something you should count on at this time in your life. You've gotta realize how popular the sports reporting business is nowadays.

You should work there ASAP. I'm young for my position, mainly 'cuz of nepotism, so your opportunity is unique. Furthermore, the other jobs are more PR than anything else from the look of it.
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk