10 team HtoH Rate my Team WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 team HtoH Rate my Team WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 team HtoH Rate my Team WHIR

Postby prime time » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:30 pm

Categories are Runs RBIs, HRs, BA, SBs, and Wins, Ks, ERA, WHIP, Saves

Check out my roster, I really didn't prepare too much for it and realize there are needs for improvement. I already gave up on steals, draftees went nuts on the little guys so i stocked up on power since Hits isnt a category.

I know I need tons of help with pitching...I went with pitching very late
But there is lots of the FA.

I am dumping Crosby for a closer...thinking Dotel.

1b D Ortiz-Bos
2b H Kendrick-Ana
3b G Atkins-Col
SS M Tejada-Bal
OF V Guerreo-Ana
OF M Holliday-Col
OF De Young-TB
C M Piazza-Oak
Utl J Thome-CHW
BN A Rios-Tor
Bn T Helton-Col
Bn J Crede-CHW
Bn K Griffey-Cin

SP J Smoltz-ATL
SP D Haren-Oak
RP M Rivera-NYY
RP H Street-Oak
P E Bedard-Bal
P Bush-Mil
P I Snell-Pitt

Below are some notable FAs

Pitchers

closers

Dotel
Dempster
M Gonzalez(Ari)- not sure if hes the closer

Starting
Pedro Martinez
Javier Vasquez
Bartolo Colon
Freddy Garcia
Kevin Millwood
john Patterson
Greg Maddux
Tim Hudson
Jason Jennings
Mark Mulder
Carl Pavano
Mike Hampton
Anthony Reyes

Hitters
Lyle Overbay
Brad Hawpe
Placid Polanco
Adrian Gonzalez
Kenny Lofton

Also if you know of some super sleepers that arent listed...they are probably available.

Thanks...
prime time
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jruiss01 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:55 pm

i would drop crede or griffey for overbay....he is my sleeper for the year...also i don't think you need another closer....both of them will be fine....your SP are hurting....don't be afraid to trade helton or thome for a decent pitcher...out of the free agents i see i think patterson would be your best bet with pitching.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=258183
jruiss01
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby alec03 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm

i'd keep an eye on f. garcia and overbay, both are underrated and will produce great numbers this year ;-D

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=258342
^thanks to Chargersfan36!^
alec03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby willmingtownave » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:53 pm

I really like Vazquez and Adrian Gonzalez a lot. I would drop Griffey or Crede for him, he is better than Overbay. Otherwise you have a really solid crew.
willmingtownave
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:55 pm

Is this a daily or weekly league? If it's a daily league drop Griffey and maybe even Crede to get some more pitching to start throughout the week. Freddy Garcia shouldn't be on the waiver wire...get him! I also like Reyes.

If it's a weekly league you're probably fine with your bench the way it is because there is a ton of good pitching to go to if an injury happens.

Also is this roto or H2H. If it's H2H I think your lineup is amazing, and should win all of the cats minus SB pretty regularly. If it's roto your probably going to get a point in SB and that probably will cost you a championship if you have competitive owners. See if you can get a guy like Hanley Ramirez for Tejada or Willie Taveras for one of your bench spots. Maybe Freel for Kendrick. I like all of the guys you are trading better, but you need to get stolen bases somewhere and one trade should get you up in the standings.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jfg » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:59 pm

I didn't see the part about closers. Dotel is really the best out there? I'd just stand pat on closers then and watch the FA closely. Watch Boston's situation. Dotel will only get you 20 saves and most likely kill you in ERA and WHIP. Totally not worth it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby AEMRICH » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:01 pm

i don't think you are hurting as much in SB's as you think. Delmon, along with Rios, Vlad, Holliday, and maybe Kendrick could get you middle of the pack maybe even 4th overall. Also your pitching isn't horrible, they are all guys who will give you lots of K's and a decent ERA. guys who you have listed that i like ADRIAN GONZALEZ (big sleeper) Also i like Lyle Overbay (look at his numbers last year, and the team is only getting better) also John Patterson- he may not get many wins because of his team but i like him alot. Is Scott Olsen available or Annibel Sanchez, these are two marlins SP that go well hand in handi could use some help with my team
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 45#2101745
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team